Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Nishmas and bnos yehudis

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 3:15 pm
These two were suggested for my dd who is a very solid, frum, oot yeshivish girl by someone at her school. Smart but doesn't want to be swamped with work.
Where is each located? Learning style? Type of girls? Amount of work? Rules? Shabbosim mostly in or out? Any other differences/ similarities or other specific info would be helpful.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 3:19 pm
I understood Bnos Yehudis had more of a chassidish crowd

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 3:32 pm
I don't know nishmas but a lot of girls I know went to bnos yehudis. Very frum, yeshivish, the type with flip phones, dress tznius, refined character, very smart, academic & academic leaning girls but not overly rigorous academics there like some other schools, there is other girls from chassidish lite backgrounds, everyone I know loved it. The adults running it are very responsible and involved, very warm environment.

eyima

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 3:54 pm
Thanks...keep it coming

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 4:43 pm
I was just reading some previous threads about these sems, I read that bnos yehudis always had in shabboses- is that still true? The girls never go away for a whole shabbos? Also it is described at gateshead style learning, can someone explain that please.

amother
Petunia

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 5:02 pm
I have a daughter in Nishmas. The war changed a lot and the seminary experience is not like anything we heard. Had we known in advance how things would be handled during the war there's no way we would have sent her to E"Y, let alone Nishmas.

I think parents are stuck. You can't decide on a seminary based on this year's experience but who knows if things will change by next year. If it stays the same then basing your decision on how the seminary is handling things now might be a better idea than going off past years, which we did when we made our decision.

Nishmas is very, very academic on a good year. This year they just get more reports to keep them busy since they can't go anywhere.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Nov 19 2023, 5:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
I was just reading some previous threads about these sems, I read that bnos yehudis always had in shabboses- is that still true? The girls never go away for a whole shabbos? Also it is described at gateshead style learning, can someone explain that please.

They never have to go away, plenty/ most go away for shabbos but the stress of must find a place to go is not there. I think some are in shabbos and some are out, officially.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 8:49 am
someone irl told me that bnos yehudis has changed a lot since the original principal has left and the chevra is much more intellectual and less frummy now. Is that true?

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 9:02 am
amother Petunia wrote:
I have a daughter in Nishmas. The war changed a lot and the seminary experience is not like anything we heard. Had we known in advance how things would be handled during the war there's no way we would have sent her to E"Y, let alone Nishmas.

I think parents are stuck. You can't decide on a seminary based on this year's experience but who knows if things will change by next year. If it stays the same then basing your decision on how the seminary is handling things now might be a better idea than going off past years, which we did when we made our decision.

Nishmas is very, very academic on a good year. This year they just get more reports to keep them busy since they can't go anywhere.

Can you clarify what you mean by that?
Wasn't every seminary experience affected by the war?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info