Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
First shoes
1  2  Next

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 2:44 pm
My baby started walking about a month ago. He is now fully walking, is very steady on his feet, etc. (He turned 1 at the beginning of November.) I don’t think he needs shoes for inside, in fact I think it’s better if he doesn’t have. Being that it’s the winter, we aren’t really spending that much time outdoors.
We will be going away in a few weeks for a few days, and there he will be spending time outside, so he will definitely need shoes.
All that said, I remember someone here mentioning about softer shoes, and a wide front….so does anyone have a recommendation for a good first shoe? I want something solid, but not hard, does that make sense? (Links greatly appreciated!)

amother
Maple

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 2:47 pm
See Kai Run and Ten Little are good options.

https://seekairun.com/first-walker/

https://tenlittle.com/products/first-walkers

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 2:49 pm
I love pediped for a first shoe.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 2:52 pm
Best to take him to a shoestore who can properly fit him

amother
Crocus

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 3:00 pm
Every child's foot is different, proper fit is important especially for a new walker. I would get fitted

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 3:19 pm
amother Orange wrote:
Best to take him to a shoestore who can properly fit him

So I had them measure him last week (I had to go in for something else) and the store I went to doesn’t carry his size, cuz he’s so small!
(Does anyone know of a shoe store in the 5T area that Carrie’s size 3.5?)

Donuts

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 3:27 pm
I would only buy a barefoot shoe. Little love bug is great. They just started making a new batch of shoes with a wider toe box. Softstar is also amazing. Little love bug has more mainstream styles and more affordable than softstar

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 3:33 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
My baby started walking about a month ago. He is now fully walking, is very steady on his feet, etc. (He turned 1 at the beginning of November.) I don’t think he needs shoes for inside, in fact I think it’s better if he doesn’t have. Being that it’s the winter, we aren’t really spending that much time outdoors.
We will be going away in a few weeks for a few days, and there he will be spending time outside, so he will definitely need shoes.
All that said, I remember someone here mentioning about softer shoes, and a wide front….so does anyone have a recommendation for a good first shoe? I want something solid, but not hard, does that make sense? (Links greatly appreciated!)

See kai run first walkers!

amother
NeonYellow

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 4:14 pm
Bobux is another great brand

Robeez if you want a soft sole mocassin

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Nov 20 2023, 5:21 pm
Donuts wrote:
I would only buy a barefoot shoe. Little love bug is great. They just started making a new batch of shoes with a wider toe box. Softstar is also amazing. Little love bug has more mainstream styles and more affordable than softstar

What’s a barefoot shoe?

amother
Dandelion

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 5:13 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
So I had them measure him last week (I had to go in for something else) and the store I went to doesn’t carry his size, cuz he’s so small!

Try Tassel.
40% off now

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:01 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:

What’s a 3.5?

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:10 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
What’s a 3.5?

Do you mean in European? I have no idea. I just know that when he was measured, the guy said he is a size 3.5 (3 1/2)

bsy

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:33 pm
See kai run is recommended by physical therapists

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 6:40 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
Try Tassel.
40% off now

I’ve only been there with my teen. Do they do a good job of fitting, or do they more just try to sell you their shoe?

bsy

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 7:00 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I’ve only been there with my teen. Do they do a good job of fitting, or do they more just try to sell you their shoe?

Most shoes sold by Jewish stores don't fit the criteria of a good shoe for a first walker. Most are not flexible enough in the sole and most don't have the roomy toe box for the natural foot shape.

tryingmybest100

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 7:01 pm
Naturino cocoon are amazing first walker shoes!!!

Nordstrom has them on sale now or you can order directly from naturino website for more color options

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/na.....aw.ds

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 7:01 pm
We liked the falcotto .

amother
NeonPink

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 12:42 pm
I got adorable high top moccasins from fascani. I bought it in a local store in boro park. Baby had no problem walking in them and they're lace up so it holds her foot well

Hashemlovesme1

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 12:48 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:

Did you try incredible feets?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics