Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
First shoes
Previous  1  2

amother
Peony

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 12:52 pm
I went to A shoe Inn with my toddler, I find they do a great job fitting.

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 12:53 pm
tryingmybest100 wrote:
Naturino cocoon are amazing first walker shoes!!!

Nordstrom has them on sale now or you can order directly from naturino website for more color options

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/na.....aw.ds

They are good we got them too but they are a little stiff. I prefer see kai runs for first walkers way more flexible and the naturino when they’re a little older like 18 months.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 1:15 pm
Hashemlovesme1 wrote:
Did you try incredible feets?

Yup, that’s the one that measured him! They start at 5

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 1:16 pm
amother Peony wrote:
I went to A shoe Inn with my toddler, I find they do a great job fitting.

Good to know, I was going to ask about them. Do they have teeny tiny shoes though?

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 1:18 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
Good to know, I was going to ask about them. Do they have teeny tiny shoes though?

If your child has flat feet, then barefoot shoes are not the best. A good supportive shoe is better for flat feet even for a first shoe.

amother
Maple

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 1:19 pm
amother Azure wrote:
If your child has flat feet, then barefoot shoes are not the best. A good supportive shoe is better for flat feet even for a first shoe.

All babies have flat feet.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 1:20 pm
amother Azure wrote:

What are barefoot shoes?

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 1:29 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
What are barefoot shoes?

Very soft soled flexible first walkers.
I was told by an orthopedist at HSS that my beginner walker with flat feet should have supportive shoes with a strong thick sneaker type sole and good arch support.
I bought the shoes from Teschers in Lakewood, they do an amazing fit for young children. She recommended falcotto which I see someone recommended upthread. My daughter walks very well in them.

writinggirl

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 6:36 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:
I got adorable high top moccasins from fascani. I bought it in a local store in boro park. Baby had no problem walking in them and they're lace up so it holds her foot well

The Fascani shoes have a very narrow bottom. Turn them over and you’ll see the middle is narrow and the toddler has to balance on that.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 6:40 pm
I’ve been thinking…..do I really need to get him shoes? At home he’s really only walking around indoors. I can put socks on him if need be. When we go away, I want him to actually be able to feel the different types of surfaces he’s walking on….is that crazy? Like I want him to FEEL the grass, and the sidewalk, and the driveway, and the whatever else.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 6:51 pm
That's the healthiest.
If you want, you can get something like this
Robeez Baby Boys and Unisex First Kicks Slip Resistant Shoes & Sneakers for Infant and Toddler, 0-24 Months https://a.co/d/dLd5wSI

I think 6-9 would fit that size based on my son who was a 3 when he needed shoes earlier this year.
It's very flexible but has a drop more grip and protection against the outdoor rocks for small periods of time until he's out more (my son used them mainly at recess outside and by the time he was ready for real shoes since he was walking everywhere outside in the summer, they had started ripping)

We had a different style that's no longer in stock...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 7:22 pm
I was searching for the wrong thing...

This is what we had and worked well for my son in the early walking stage. They're flexible enough to fold in half.
https://a.co/d/8jSGf3J

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 7:40 pm
I recently got shoes for my 19/20 month old. He's been walking for about 6 months but I also wanted him to walk on different grounds and feel the difference indoor and out. I got crib type shoes for him over the summer for outdoors on rocks and if we went into places that I wanted protection from germy floors.
It did take him a day or two to be comfortable wearing shoes once we got them as he's been without for so long.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 7:45 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I’ve been thinking…..do I really need to get him shoes? At home he’s really only walking around indoors. I can put socks on him if need be. When we go away, I want him to actually be able to feel the different types of surfaces he’s walking on….is that crazy? Like I want him to FEEL the grass, and the sidewalk, and the driveway, and the whatever else.
Unless he’s walking on rocks in which case he would need a bit more protection.

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Nov 22 2023, 9:12 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:

Yep they have pretty small. My little one was a size 19 when they started walking before turning a year old. We went to Shoe Inn and were really happy.

I tried going to a cheaper store first, but ran into the same issue. Everything was too big.

amother
Peony

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 1:40 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:

Yes, my daughter was a size 19 which I think is a 3.5 and they had a few options
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics