Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Little boys making not in the toilet
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 7:49 pm
Every other day one or some of my little boys aged 6, 4 and 3 make in places other than the toilet. I don't always know who it is. Sometimes it's in a garbage can, sometimes the pail for washing the floor, once in a toy container, once in the magazine compartment of our couch, sometimes just on the floor, and often outdoors on the grass.
What do I do??????????
I've told them so many times how inappropriate it is, strongly and firmly and calmly and yelling at different times, and I just don't know what to do!!

(I won't be able to respond right away but will check this later... gotta do bedtime..)

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 7:54 pm
Is there any consequence besides you verbally reprimanding?

Genius

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 7:59 pm
And I thought you meant outside of the bowl and thinking “yeah that’s what boys do…” omg

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:00 pm
I have boys the same ages and I never had this. Well outside on the grass I actually teach them and encourage like in the park where the bathrooms are always locked. But otherwise this strikes me as not really normal. Could it be the same one kid who needs an evaluation?

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:01 pm
Maybe a target inside the toilet (can find on Amazon) would make a game for then out of it. There must me toilet games for boys for this reason.

Maybe can take things away from them. Can maybe reward them for peeing inside toilet and cleaning the seat after

Genius

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:02 pm
amother Brown wrote:
I have boys the same ages and I never had this. Well outside on the grass I actually teach them and encourage like in the park where the bathrooms are always locked. But otherwise this strikes me as not really normal. Could it be the same one kid who needs an evaluation?

Why in the world would you encourage something like that ever?

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:07 pm
Genius wrote:

This is common in Israel while potty training kids.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:07 pm
My ds has also done it into the garbage a few times. I think it was funny for him. He doesn’t do that anymore but his aim is still terrible.

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:09 pm
Are they scared of the toilet? Many kids are.

You can take them all to the toilet and give them cheerios to throw in. Helps them be less afraid of the toilet.

If they say they are afraid, consider telling them you'll go in with them when they have to go. It will be annoying, but less than cleaning it

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:09 pm
Genius wrote:

Park. Bathrooms locked. What's your brilliant suggestion for where a newly trained 3 year old should pee?

Genius

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:11 pm
amother Brown wrote:
Park. Bathrooms locked. What's your brilliant suggestion for where a newly trained 3 year old should pee?

No idea. I figure it out as my life goes along. I can’t see myself encouraging this.
Also, why are bathrooms locked?

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:13 pm
Genius wrote:

If there's no bathroom around, I'd have my young kids go on the grass/bushes out of view of others.

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:13 pm
Genius wrote:
No idea. I figure it out as my life goes along. I can’t see myself encouraging this.

Park Bathrooms are often locked. Who knows why?
This isn't a situation to judge mom's.

Genius

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:14 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
If there's no bathroom around, I'd have my young kids go on the grass/bushes out of view of others.

I learn something new every day.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:15 pm
They usually make in the toilet. It's not an aiming issue. Sometimes they decide to try other creative places.
What kinds of consequences? I need ideas that work.

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:16 pm
Genius wrote:
I learn something new every day.

Quit the judgment please! I guess you were never in a situation of a little kid either peeing their pants or peeing behind some bushes. There's nothing wrong with doing that in an emergency.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:16 pm
Genius wrote:

Lol so basically you've never been in the park 9 months pregnant with 3 kids under age 5 when one of them neeeeeedsssss to pee right now.

And you don't live in NYC.

Genius

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:19 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
Park Bathrooms are often locked. Who knows why?
This isn't a situation to judge mom's.

Moms in all situations have my full and complete sympathy. I feel their pain, discomfort and stress keenly every day.
I will continue to look at presented scenarios from my point of view. Call it judgement if you like.
We should start a campaign “Open those Doors! Before it Pours!”

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
They usually make in the toilet. It's not an aiming issue. Sometimes they decide to try other creative places.
What kinds of consequences? I need ideas that work.

You need ideas that will work for your kids. You know them best. But if there are no consequences, what's to stop them from doing it whenever they please?

Genius

Post Mon, Dec 04 2023, 8:21 pm
Adding that I can understand a mom not noticing in an emergency situation. It was the “encouraging” piece that is most novel to me.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children