Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Bedwetting alarms

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 7:07 am
Has anyone used these? What age was your DC? Did it work? Which brand would you recommend?

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 7:23 am
Therapee - it worked for my son - worth every penny almost to the point where I paid same amount for the program as I did for goodnites
He’s almost 10 we started few weeks ago - never woke up at night. Now he’s staying dry for weeks at a time minor accident here and there but didn’t finish program yet

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 7:43 am
amother Tan wrote:
Therapee - it worked for my son - worth every penny almost to the point where I paid same amount for the program as I did for goodnites
He’s almost 10 we started few weeks ago - never woke up at night. Now he’s staying dry for weeks at a time minor accident here and there but didn’t finish program yet

What is the program exactly? They give you more than the alarm? Bc it's like triple the price of others!

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 7:59 am
The alarm itself is good quality. The others break easily so you get what you pay for. Dr. Sagie works with you there’s videos and a chart. U cld try out the cheaper alarm but the reviews didn’t sound great

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 8:13 am
DRY EASY bed wetting alarm from Amazon. $40.

Works when my son uses it.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 8:23 am
I used the Dry easy for six months but never got lasting results starting when my son was about 8 and just gave up and went back to pull-ups.

We recently started using the Therapee alarm (dr sagie) and we're in our 7th week and he's dry more than wet. At this point, he'll wet his underwear a drop and then wake up and use the bathroom and change. It doesn't reach the bed and the alarm doesn't even go off. Its a miracle. My son is now 9 and he was feeling really badly about it. And finally finally this is working. There's a lot of parent involvement, there are exercises, and there's feedback (pre recorded videos) but it keeps the child engaged. Worth the money. We are very hopeful that this will soon be a thing of the past.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 9:02 am
I've tried 3 different alarms didn't work. I'm hesitant to try Dr sagies. How much is the program these days?

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 9:25 am
This is really crazy. How many times have I said “finally finally.” I’m telling you … nothing works. Nothing. Maybe he’ll grow out of it when he gets married.

The doctor said - lots of miralax, if you do it and come back in a month you’ll get a prize. Worked for that month.

My husband said - let’s make a chart and you’ll get a prize. Worked for that chart.

The urologist said - it’s a bladder emptying issue, take FloMax and it’s going to work. Worked for that month, maybe.

The PT said - it’s exercises, do them and it’ll work. Didn’t work. Don’t waste your money.

The alternative book said - do lots of enemas. Worked for almost a year. Then stopped working. There must be something that keeps recurring that I can’t figure out.

The bed wetting alarm has been working (?) whenever my son uses it, for around 6 months. But it doesn’t deal with daytime wetting.

I even went to an ENT to see if maybe he had sleep apnea … the ENT laughed me out of his office. No sleep apnea.

Yesterday I considered a nephrologist … maybe it’s the kidneys. But then why is every urine test normal.

Now I’m thinking … okay, so no sleepovers, no sleepaway camp, and when you get older, you can deal with this along with your wife. I’m bowing out.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 11:27 am
I had the malen alarm. My insurance paid for it through the surgical shop

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 11:35 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
This is really crazy. How many times have I said “finally finally.” I’m telling you … nothing works. Nothing. Maybe he’ll grow out of it when he gets married.

The doctor said - lots of miralax, if you do it and come back in a month you’ll get a prize. Worked for that month.

My husband said - let’s make a chart and you’ll get a prize. Worked for that chart.

The urologist said - it’s a bladder emptying issue, take FloMax and it’s going to work. Worked for that month, maybe.

The PT said - it’s exercises, do them and it’ll work. Didn’t work. Don’t waste your money.

The alternative book said - do lots of enemas. Worked for almost a year. Then stopped working. There must be something that keeps recurring that I can’t figure out.

The bed wetting alarm has been working (?) whenever my son uses it, for around 6 months. But it doesn’t deal with daytime wetting.

I even went to an ENT to see if maybe he had sleep apnea … the ENT laughed me out of his office. No sleep apnea.

Yesterday I considered a nephrologist … maybe it’s the kidneys. But then why is every urine test normal.

Now I’m thinking … okay, so no sleepovers, no sleepaway camp, and when you get older, you can deal with this along with your wife. I’m bowing out.

I think dr sagie deals with daytime wetting. Around how old is your kid? Is he motivated to stay dry during day or can’t be bothered? My kid was getting upset about it - he did get upset at around age 6 I told him many many kids use pull-ups he accepted that. Now age 9 he wasn’t happy anymore so we splurged on alarm and it’s working so far B”H
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training