Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
4 yo started bedwetting

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 12:30 pm
Dd has been waking up dry for a while before her 3rd birthday. Around 4-5 months ago she woke up wet for the first time in a while. Since then she’s having occasional accidents at night. I’d say on average once in a few weeks.

I’m not sure what this could be or where to start… Pediatrician? Or somewhere else? She’s just 4 now.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 12:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
Dd has been waking up dry for a while before her 3rd birthday. Around 4-5 months ago she woke up wet for the first time in a while. Since then she’s having occasional accidents at night. I’d say on average once in a few weeks.

I’m not sure what this could be or where to start… Pediatrician? Or somewhere else? She’s just 4 now.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 12:52 pm
Welcome welcome. Very prevalent among kids nowadays, even if they were dry previously. My son has this and it started when he was 4. Many of my neighbors’ kids as well. I think it’s a combination of constipation and also some kind of attention deficit component. Or sensory. All I know is that I have been working on it for many years and at this point I’m leaving him alone to deal on his own. I was unable to find any modality that helped him long term.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 1:04 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
Welcome welcome. Very prevalent among kids nowadays, even if they were dry previously. My son has this and it started when he was 4. Many of my neighbors’ kids as well. I think it’s a combination of constipation and also some kind of attention deficit component. Or sensory. All I know is that I have been working on it for many years and at this point I’m leaving him alone to deal on his own. I was unable to find any modality that helped him long term.

I keep track of her BMs so I know she’s not constipated. I doubt she has ADD.

What would be other symptoms of sensory issues?

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 1:06 pm
Honestly, my son doesn’t have ADD either, but he does have trouble with transitions. And he’s a deep sleeper. If you want you can try an alarm that attaches to her underwear and vibrates when she starts to wet. That could maybe teach her to get up and go. But she has to want to wear it.

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 1:08 pm
Check for pinworms

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:02 pm
How concerning is this? Do I need to check her out?

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 10:04 pm
Check for strep and pinworms. Also even if they go every day they can still be backed up.

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 11:43 pm
When my daughter of that age had this, it was pinworms.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics