Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Activities for Sunday afternoon - at home

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 16 2023, 10:24 pm
I’m teaching a class tomorrow and my husband will be watching the kids. Usually we’re both home Sunday and will do an activity with the kids, take them out etc
It’ll be too hard for him to do it alone since I have a newborn. What activities can I prepare for them to do that are easy - kids (besides newborn) are ages 4-11. Thanks!

Tao

Post Sat, Dec 16 2023, 10:29 pm
can the 11 year old help the younger ones with baking? that takes time and its lots of fun with cookie cutters, frosting colors, sprinkles etc. find an easy sugar cookie recipe online that will be simple to follow.

Tao

Post Sat, Dec 16 2023, 10:33 pm
Tao wrote:
can the 11 year old help the younger ones with baking? that takes time and its lots of fun with cookie cutters, frosting colors, sprinkles etc. find an easy sugar cookie recipe online that will be simple to follow.

You can also ask your husband to enforce the "no-one eats their cookies until the kitchen is cleaned up" rule so you have a clean kitchen when you get back Wink

lucky14

Post Sat, Dec 16 2023, 10:34 pm
Tao wrote:

Or making lunch or dinner if it will be near those times.
Pizza is a good one. Little kids can help with toppings. Chop veggies for salad.

Another idea: home-made playdough.

lucky14

Post Sat, Dec 16 2023, 10:36 pm
Tao wrote:
You can also ask your husband to enforce the "no-one eats their cookies until the kitchen is cleaned up" rule so you have a clean kitchen when you get back Wink

Ooooh smart.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 16 2023, 11:20 pm
Thanks, those are great ideas!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children