Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Clean bathtub before bathing or after?
1  2  Next

Clean the tub before the bath or after?
Before, so you can bathe in a clean tub  
 61%  [ 67 ]
After, so the tub will look clean until next time  
 27%  [ 30 ]
Other  
 11%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 109

the world's best mom

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:04 am
Should the bathtub be cleaned before or after the bath?

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:05 am
I didn’t realize people cleaned the tub or shower that often.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:11 am
cleaning lady cleans once a week...

zaq

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:12 am
After, of course, so it's clean for the next person. Nobody wants to have to clean up your filth. Unless you are the only one using it, in which case, if you're not bothered by the sight of a dirty tub, go ahead and clean it before use. Though I can't imagine why you would. It's always easier to clean fresh grime than to clean grime that's had time to dry out and mature.

zaq

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:12 am
And since you're asking these things: dust first, then vacuum.

the world's best mom

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:22 am
zaq wrote:
Thanks, but I knew that. I asked these 2 question because other people have made it clear they have different reasoning than I do.

Personally, everyone showers here without washing the tub, and I clean it before I bathe the kids. I once had a cleaning lady here at bath time, so I figured she would clean it for me and then I would bathe the kids. But a relative thought I should bathe them first and then let her clean it so it will look clean until the next person showers.

Pandabeer

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:28 am
1. Till next time it's already dusty so I will anyway clean it before taking a bath

2. Usually I use it erev shabbos , don't have time to wait till all the water drains to clean it...

amother
Cappuccino

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:32 am
Both. I didn’t realize this was controversial. Cleaning lady does a deep clean twice a week but I rinse it down before and after using it.

amother
Daisy

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:44 am
I am feeling very dysfunctional right now

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:49 am
Before, you can’t rely on the previous person having cleaned it

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:51 am
Pandabeer wrote:
1. Till next time it's already dusty so I will anyway clean it before taking a bath

2. Usually I use it erev shabbos , don't have time to wait till all the water drains to clean it...

Your bathtub gets dusty in 24 hours?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 12:53 am
After. This way it’s clean for the rest of the day AND for your next bath.
(Finish bathing, hang up towels, take out laundry, remove stray hairs, quick wipe down bathtub, wall and floor. Turn on exhaust fan.

amother
Hunter

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 7:52 am
I clean my bathtub with a magic ponge on erev sh and rinse every day.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 7:59 am
Didnt realize this was something people did.

I dont clean it before or after.

And my barhtub does not get dusty after every use.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 8:10 am
amother Crimson wrote:
Didnt realize this was something people did.

I dont clean it before or after.

And my barhtub does not get dusty after every use.

Haha I did but I clean myself and it's one of those things I don't have time for on a regular basis. I spray and wipe down periodically with a shower spray at the end of my shower, but not with any frequency. And we make sure to leave bathroom door open/fan on after showers to prevent mold.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 8:20 am
Both! But not the same level.
Of course you need t clean it right after- otherwise the person's normal body “stuff” (hair, dried skin, generic dirt, etc) are left as a residue.
And before the bath, you just give a quick rinse in case anything was missed or settled.

the world's best mom

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 8:45 am
amother Goldenrod wrote:
After. This way it’s clean for the rest of the day AND for your next bath.
(Finish bathing, hang up towels, take out laundry, remove stray hairs, quick wipe down bathtub, wall and floor. Turn on exhaust fan.
Unless you have a dh and a bunch of kids who shower in between and don't clean it.

amother
Currant

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 8:51 am
Well, if it isn't clean (and for me that means perfectly sparkling clean), then definitely before. And really it should be cleaned after as well so it will be clean already for the next bath. Except if it's a tub/shower combo, and people are mostly showering there, it's not going to be helpful to clean after bathing because it will just get dirty from all the showering. So in that case just before bathing. In a tub that's only a tub, ideally before and after.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 9:08 am
amother Pewter wrote:
Both! But not the same level.
Of course you need t clean it right after- otherwise the person's normal body “stuff” (hair, dried skin, generic dirt, etc) are left as a residue.
And before the bath, you just give a quick rinse in case anything was missed or settled.

How is that left? If the shower has good water pressure everything should be washed down the drain.
I think this is a bit ocd.

theoneandonly

Post Fri, Dec 22 2023, 9:20 am
zaq wrote:

Wait, people seriously dust and vacuum their bathtubs? I was going to say I clean it before I bathe the kids but what I meant was I run some water in the bath, swish it around, and drain it down to get any accumulated dust or dirt off.
My cleaning lady cleans it once a week but I don't think she's dusting and vacuuming, I think she sprays it with a bathroom spray and wipes it down.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry