Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Our finances are killing me

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 7:48 pm
A short while ago, dh left his toxic job that was paying very little to start a new venture, and I have a business that was going really well. Since October ive barely had any work, and dhs venture did not work out.

We are working on something else jointly, but until that works out we keep on seeing our savings dissappear because we are barely earning anything.

Tax season is almost here and the amount we owe is basically going to bring our savings down to almost nothing. Dh isn't looking for a job because if our new project works out that will be his full time job, but in the meantime seeing our savings dissappear is just killing me.

Any advice would be appreciated. Its so hard going from being very comfortable to struggling like this so suddenly.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 7:50 pm
Can one of you get a regular salaried job and the other work on the business? You need to have some sort of cash flow coming in

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 7:58 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
Can one of you get a regular salaried job and the other work on the business? You need to have some sort of cash flow coming in

If our new venture works out (were 85% sure it will) then we'll need dh to be on top of the project. I still have some work, but not nearly enough to cover our bills. I don't think its fair of him to take a job and leave in 2-3 months.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 8:02 pm
when is your new ventue going to start earning money?

amother
Charcoal

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 8:07 pm
Can you dh do something temporary? I know someone who drove for a car service between jobs.... They knew he was going to leave when he had a new job but they where happy to have him in the meantime.... It's not like they had to spend time training him in.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 8:09 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
Can you dh do something temporary? I know someone who drove for a car service between jobs.... They knew he was going to leave when he had a new job but they where happy to have him in the meantime.... It's not like they had to spend time training him in.

This. When dh was between jobs before his new business he worked in a warehouse for a few months

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 10:00 pm
He would work in a warehouse but where can he find such a job?

Our new business probably won't make money before 5-6 months
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics