Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Airtight display case for leichter

jofred

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 9:18 pm
I am interested in a case for just my leichter that is airtight so the silver won't tarnish. I see curio cabinets and other similar items, but nothing that is airtight. Anyone have any ideas?

zaq

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 11:16 pm
The only way to keep it from tarnishing is to put it away forever in either a container that's been evacuated by pumping out the air and then sealed or a container in which the air has been replaced by a gas like nitrogen and then sealed. Neither solution is a practical one for you.

Depending on the size of your leichter, you MAY be able to find a clear acrylic storage bin with a gasketed seal, of the type sold for bulk food storage. There will still be air in the bin, so the silver will still tarnish, but more slowly. And of course when you use the leichter, they will be exposed to air and that, too, will eventually cause tarnish.

A more practical solution may be to buy silver polishing gloves or cloth and giving the leichter a quick rubdown every week, either just before or just after Shabbat. It doesn't take more than a minute.

mushkamothers

Post Sat, Dec 23 2023, 11:21 pm
1. There's a spray the silver store puts on that lasts a good long time, like a few years, costs a few hundred dollars.

2. I recently saw a little side table special for the leichter advertised in one of the magazines. I don't get them so idk which one, I was reading in someone else's house. I laughed at it but I guess this is the reason for it. It was like a table where you put the leichter on top to use, then underneath in a glass cabinet to store.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars