Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Buying now on sale for next year
Previous  1  2

Are you buying now on sale for next year winter
yes (explain why)  
 44%  [ 34 ]
no (explain why)  
 55%  [ 42 ]
Total Votes : 76

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 10:03 am
I don’t think I have ever paid full price for anything.
If it is not on sale I don’t need it yet.

happyone

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 10:16 am
I find that the money you get to save gets lost on the items that won't fit. There's no way to predict growth and weight. At least for my children.
I've also stopped buying entire wardrobes for seasons. I buy on an as needed basis. Of course if they change size significantly it may be an entire wardrobe.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 3:55 pm
yes, I like to and I really benefit. #1 I'm not frantically shopping when the new season comes around because I have fresh things waiting. #2 you can get quality, European clothes for the price of target and walmart. #3 it's so much easier to shop and spend when you don't have to feel choked over the insane prices. even if they don't all work out eventually, it's still worth it to me.

dankbar

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 4:00 pm
Depends on the sale.

If it's still expensive even when reduced, it's not worth the risk. And you can get new for cheaper, by other places.

This week there's a pastel outlet sale, each item is priced at $10. Pays the risk

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 4:10 pm
I'm not buying now even if it's 70% off because I don't have the money for things I don't need yet. I'll have to pay full price when I need it but right now I CAN NOT SPEND for things I don't need now.

Busybee5

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 4:31 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
I don’t think I have ever paid full price for anything.
If it is not on sale I don’t need it yet.

I wish I could be like you! I don't know how you do it, it's amazing.

seeker

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 4:44 pm
A couple of times I did this and it worked out really well.

At this point my kids' bodies and sizes are changing too unpredictably, and they're also at an age where they care about styles that change more. Plus their sizes are no longer going on clearance for $10 like baby stretches or $5 children's place t-shirts. Even if a dress is $50 instead of $100 that's still more than I want to spend for "just in case."

So at this point if I happen to see something that looks great at a phenomenal price, I'll take it just in case. But I'm not wasting time looking for such deals because I don't feel likely to find them.

Unigala

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 4:50 pm
This is actually the first sale season that I'm doing this.. I bought one summer outfit matching for my little girls.. I am nervous about the sizing but it was cheap and worst case I'll have learned my lesson..
I wouldn't stock up on the whole wardrobe tho

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 4:52 pm
Yes I buy a few things on sale for next year. Usually 3-4 things so that I can still get 3-4 new season things.
Just got 4 weekday sweatshirts for my child for next year. Paid $20 each at 70% off.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Dec 24 2023, 5:00 pm
No because I have adhd and I can’t think that far ahead Confused
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics