Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
And this is why I hate tidying up

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 7:02 pm
One day, as I was tidying up my boys room,.I found a pen cap on the floor. The cap was slightly broken (the clip was falling off and the little.tip wouldn't screw back on), I tried putting it back together but it didn't work. Then, when I also couldn't find the the pen to the cap , I threw it out.

Now my husband came to me with a pen and asked.if I know where the cover is. He said it's a mont blanc pen he got for his bar mitzvah, real silver, worth $1,000. The cover looked all gross, how would I know it's a mont blanc?! And why wouldn't it be put away somewhere safe instead of floating around in kids room? Either way, I threw it out and feel terrible.

And now I feel better about all the mess in my house, maybe one day I'll find a treasure....

amother
Obsidian

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 7:23 pm
Nope avoiding that one loss even if it’s $1000 isn’t worth the cluttered house.

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 7:58 pm
The PEN is worth a grand, not the cover. If it means that much to you, contact the company and ask if they sell replacement caps. Bet you anything they do. Silver cap alone might cost $100, but you could probably buy a plain cap for $25. You're right, it's dh fault for leaving that item lying around instead of keeping it in a safe place. Absolve yourself of all guilt.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Dec 25 2023, 8:55 pm
his thousand dollar pen doesn't belong on the floor of the boys' bedroom!!!!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 9:27 am
Thank you all for validating. Of course I know I did nothing wrong, but still feel guilty. There's still so much stuff I need to go through in my house, but this was the one thing I chose to trash.

Honestly, I wasn't even organizing at the time, but it was on the floor and it was mostly broken so off it went to a better place.

essie14

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 9:32 am
Zero guilt.
If something is valuable to an adult, they should put it away safely.

Random broken looking things on the floor of a child's bedroom? Of course thats trash!

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Dec 26 2023, 9:36 am
chocolate moose wrote:
his thousand dollar pen doesn't belong on the floor of the boys' bedroom!!!!!

THIS!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics