Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Picky eater

STRONGMOM

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 4:32 am
My 15 months old boy is extremely picky when it comes to his meals: he doesn't like pasta, rice, potatoes, vegetable, shnietzel, gefilte fish...
Let me tell you what he likes....much easier...: cheese, yoghurts, bread, cookies, milk, fruits. Thats about it, really. OH sorry I forgot avocado...but with dressing only!!!
I dread his meal time. I get frustrated when I try new suppers and he wouldnt eat!!!
Is it normal? would he grow out of it?
Im not sure if its the texture he doesnt like or the taste.
If you have experienced this type of problem, please let me know.
thanks

Pearl

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 5:05 am
I can of course only speak from my own experience, but my first 2 were very picky with food, and b'h they grew out of it! so there's hope....

imanut

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 11:10 am
it's definitely normal. keep offering the new foods but accept in advance the for a while it may go into the garbage.
my toddler is so picky she was actually losing weight but now I give her more milk instead of water and she's going back up.
as long as your child is growing don't worry.

supermommy

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 11:54 am
I agree imanut. My toddler was picky too and slowly but surely her taste buds "changed" and she began to eat a variety of foods. She still gets picky sometimes and somedays she likes certain foods and other days she won't touch it. As long as a child eats something that has some nutritional value, and is growing, it's not something to worry too much about.

lucky

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 2:57 pm
Some kids never outgrow it. (My 9 yr old) But as long as their growth is steady, Don't worry about it. And forcing them to eat is not a good idea.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics