Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Gazillions of eateries in Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 6:07 pm
s/o the woman looking for coffee and breakfast in Lakewood

I'm just amazed how many new breakfast places have opened in Lakewood since I moved away less than 3 years ago.
And the meat places. And the high end places.
It's wow.
Are places closing down also so it's just turnaround?
How much food can one city eat? How do all these places stay open?

Signed,
an recently arrived OOTer who may or may not be jealous that those in Lakewood have options Smile
and can get food after 8.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 6:12 pm
It’s a huge community with many people. Good thing there are so many or it would be impossible to get food from the stores. Why is it obscene? So many job opportunities for fellow Jews. What’s the issue?

amother
Chestnut

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 6:18 pm
There’s a lot of people in Lakewood. Think about it, in the non Jewish world there are also restaurants and fast food places everywhere you go.
I just wish someone would open up something different and interesting, I already know what a schnitzel sandwich tastes like!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 6:20 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
It’s a huge community with many people. Good thing there are so many or it would be impossible to get food from the stores. Why is it obscene? So many job opportunities for fellow Jews. What’s the issue?

I changed the word obscene lol. I meant it as just shocked.
When I lived there an went to the eateries most were never full.
Do you really feel there is a need for so many of these places?

I have no problem with it and do not view is as a negative. It was just so surprising that most of the places on that thread I haven't heard of!

amother
NeonPurple

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 6:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
I changed the word obscene lol. I meant it as just shocked.
When I lived there an went to the eateries most were never full.
Do you really feel there is a need for so many of these places?

I have no problem with it and do not view is as a negative. It was just so surprising that most of the places on that thread I haven't heard of!

Do they look empty to you? Can you imagine how long the lines would be if there were less? Just curious why it bothers you? Do you want more lines, less food? Less opportunity for people to have jobs? What about it is an issue? I'd love to understand because I can't think of a single reason.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 6:53 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
Do they look empty to you? Can you imagine how long the lines would be if there were less? Just curious why it bothers you? Do you want more lines, less food? Less opportunity for people to have jobs? What about it is an issue? I'd love to understand because I can't think of a single reason.

I don't live there any more so I don't know about the lines.
As I stated before, it doesn't bother me. It surprised me how many more have opened in such a short time.
The questions I asked in my OP (about the turnaround and necessity) were genuine and you have answered that there apparently is a need which answered my question.

amother
Blueberry

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 7:32 pm
There are 10,0000 families in Lakewood and Toms River, Jackson, Manchester, Howell. Do u know how many people that is?? I was in sesame and Bun this week. They were both packed!! There is definitely a need

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 8:31 pm
Hang on! While I agree that there is definitely demand for all these places - and I even enjoy patronizing them! - I do think that it's indicative of a very "foodie", running after gashmiyus lifestyle that developed in Lakewood... Throw the tomatoes, and you can even call me a hypocrite because I do buy from these places, but I do feel like it's sad that there's such a demand for so MUCH - so much food, so much cutting-edge cuisine, so much expensive "food experiences", so much indulgence...

Signed, someone happily living in Lakewood.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Thu, Jan 04 2024, 8:33 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:
Hang on! While I agree that there is definitely demand for all these places - and I even enjoy patronizing them! - I do think that it's indicative of a very "foodie", running after gashmiyus lifestyle that developed in Lakewood... Throw the tomatoes, and you can even call me a hypocrite because I do buy from these places, but I do feel like it's sad that there's such a demand for so MUCH - so much food, so much cutting-edge cuisine, so much expensive "food experiences", so much indulgence...

Signed, someone happily living in Lakewood.

I think that’s funny. It’s mostly really basic stuff. Less than 5 fancy places. Compared to other places that are even smaller it’s really not big on the gashmius. It’s just a lot of stores because it’s a lot of people.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics