Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Flu- How long does fever last, 4 year old

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:37 pm
How long should I expect the fever to last?

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:42 pm
I don't think anyone can tell you that... my 2 year old just had it this week and only had fever for a day and a half, sometimes it's longer like 4-5 days...

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:42 pm
I'd say up to 5 days.

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:45 pm
My son (4) had a high fever for almost a week. My daughter (10) had it for 3 days . I had it somewhere in the middle (3-4 days). Everyone is different

amother
Cherry

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:54 pm
I think I've had it last a week w my kids.also sometimes you think they're better and then it goes up again.and sometimes symptoms can linger for a while.

My son recently had the flu gave him tamiflu . I think it was even past 48 hours when he started it. and he got better by the next day. It really shortened it.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:56 pm
Of course my other kids were vaccinated and this one wasn’t yet. I was vaccinated and I had a very mild case this week. No fever.

amother
Watermelon

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 8:52 pm
DC3 had a high fever for 3-4 days. I was getting worried by that point so I gave him motrin to bring it down. It didn't go back up again. (I don't know why that always happens. Once I cave and give a fever reducer, the fever never comes back. I usually avoid giving anything, I consider the fever part of the body's mechanism to fight the illness and I don't want to make it harder.)

HappyMamma

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 12:03 am
Have no idea about the flu, but here's a helpful tip: Put a pair of damp socks (wet with warm water and squeeze it all out) on your child with a pair of dry socks on top draws out the fever and it goes down like a miracle!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics