Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Questions about your profession and salary
  1  2  3  9  10  11  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 3:15 pm
I am just wondering what you ladies all do, if you work out of the home, and if you do, how much you make?
Im trying to get back into the work force after being home for many years. I have no education and want to hear different professions so that I can start thinking about what I may want to study or do in the next while.
And I want to know salaries so that I know that studying toward something would be worth it or not.
And can you say if its in dollars, shekels, euro etc so we have an idea. (I am not in america)

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 3:16 pm
Software engineer 110k

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 3:17 pm
amother Lemonlime wrote:
Software engineer 110k

Is this computer programming? Full time?

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 3:18 pm
If you're tech savvy, you might want to look into cybersecurity. No degree required, there are some certs you can get for your resume. Definitely has remote options. I would say starting is 60-80k but you can move up quickly. It's a growing field (and women are very much in a minority which works to your advantage in the job market!)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 3:21 pm
amother Rose wrote:
If you're tech savvy, you might want to look into cybersecurity. No degree required, there are some certs you can get for your resume. Definitely has remote options. I would say starting is 60-80k but you can move up quickly. It's a growing field (and women are very much in a minority which works to your advantage in the job market!)

Do you have to have a very technical mind? This sounds sort of interesting, but I am not so tech savy. That wouldnt work right?
And these courses, are they long? Also, how does one get their foot in the door finding that first job with no experience?

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 3:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do you have to have a very technical mind? This sounds sort of interesting, but I am not so tech savy. That wouldnt work right?
And these courses, are they long? Also, how does one get their foot in the door finding that first job with no experience?

Not necessarily. Not all areas in cyber are so hands on technical. You would have to have an understanding of computers but not necessarily have to be so good at using them. There are some more consulting/policy type positions (not sure how entry level tho)
Depends on which course you take. I think the most basic is the CompTIA Security+ exam. It's just a test but you can pay for a course that helps you learn the material (I'm taking one on Udemy that goes thru the units and prepares yo for the test). It will probably take a little bit of time to get yourself marketable in cyber. There's a lot of frum networking in IT, if you know anyone working in the field you can reach out and ask them what groups/programs there are for frum IT professionals in your location

amother
Oleander

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 3:32 pm
I’m a hospital social worker at a top NYC hospital. I make about 90k but my benefits are worth probably another 40k

amother
Melon

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 3:34 pm
Allied health around 90+ benefits could make more if I were more aggressive but I’m not. I have good work life balance and I am happy

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 3:37 pm
Photographer, I’ve made anywhere between 15k and 75k depending on the year and how much I work

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 3:39 pm
Psychologist in a public school (3-yr master's degree), 85k plus great benefits

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 3:50 pm
I'm a copywriter. Working very part time as a second job, I make about 60k a year. I work remote and I am self-employed.

amother
Chambray

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 3:53 pm
Teacher at an MO school. About 65k.

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 3:55 pm
amother DarkViolet wrote:
I'm a copywriter. Working very part time as a second job, I make about 60k a year. I work remote and I am self-employed.
what’s your main job? Copywriting is 60k very part time?

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 3:56 pm
amother DarkViolet wrote:

Are your clients individuals or businesses?

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 3:56 pm
amother Viola wrote:
Are your clients individuals or businesses?

Some and some. I do some agency work as well.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 3:57 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
what’s your main job? Copywriting is 60k very part time?

Don't want to share too much information. This includes copywriting and some other forms of writing.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 4:04 pm
What exactly is copywriting ?
I love editing and proofreading and wondering if it’s along those lines. Right now I work in a corporate office doing AP for 50k per year , a little more than part time.
I’m happy overall but I need to make more money which is why I’m interested in a second job that I can do at home, at night.

amother
Azalea

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 4:05 pm
SLP. Last year I made 45k. I worked part time due to health issues (20ish hours a week). This year I am more full time and was given a raise and hope to make much much more.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 4:41 pm
Full time, masters degree, working in my field, and making 58k, but am early career with almost 30k in benefits. Not in tristate area. I do feel it’s a little low, but I really enjoy what I do and as an early career move, it makes sense for me.

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 4:45 pm
amother Lemonlime wrote:
Software engineer 110k

How much experience do you have? I have 2 years getting 80k
Page 1 of 11   1  2  3  9  10  11  Next Recent Topics