Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Accountant hourly salary

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 5:01 pm
I want to make sure I am paid fair at my job. My responsibility is to produce the monthly financial statements for our clients books. I have been at the company about 6 years and in this position about 3 of those years. What would be the hourly pay for Lakewood.

amother
Tomato

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 5:58 pm
Are you a CPA? Have an accounting degree? Sounds more like a bookkeeping job.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 8:56 pm
$35/40-60 per hr range

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 8:05 am
amother Tomato wrote:

I don't have my CPA but I do have a ba in accounting. It is not AP or AR. It is not a bookkeeper. I look at everything after that. I am creating the financial statements such as P&L and balance sheets. The bookkeepers at my company would not know how to create these reports.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 8:06 am
amother Beige wrote:
$35/40-60 per hr range

Okay, I am paid on the lower end of this but I guess it's normal. It's hard to know with all the inflated Lakewood salaries.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 8:09 am
amother Tomato wrote:

Preparing financial statements is an accountants job. Not bookkeeping. Bookkeepers don't know how to do it.

amother
Lightblue

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 8:51 am
amother Lavender wrote:
Preparing financial statements is an accountants job. Not bookkeeping. Bookkeepers don't know how to do it.

False

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 8:52 am
amother Lightblue wrote:
False
What part of this is false? Do you know how to prepare financial statements?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 11:51 am
Bump

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 12:00 pm
amother Lavender wrote:

I prepare financial statements etc. and am a bookkeeper, not an accountant. Bookkeepers should know how to do that , People who do A/P or A/R are not necessarily bookkeepers.

amother
Bergamot

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 12:06 pm
The person who does that in my office is called the controller. She has like 21 years of experience at corporate places and get paid $90 an hour so I would think with 6 years you should make like $28

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 12:30 pm
amother Puce wrote:
I prepare financial statements etc. and am a bookkeeper, not an accountant. Bookkeepers should know how to do that , People who do A/P or A/R are not necessarily bookkeepers.

Regardless of what you call the position, what would be the hourly pay.

mha3484

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 12:33 pm
None of my friends who do what you do, call it bookkeeper, staff accountant, controller etc are paid by the hour. This is usually a salaried position.

amother
Lightblue

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 12:42 pm
amother Lavender wrote:

Absolutely. That’s a bookkeepers job. Properly categorizing all transactions, reconciling and then providing reports based off of that.

Accountant is for tax planning and filing based off of those reports. Some accounting firms do it in house but that’s not called accounting.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 1:36 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
The person who does that in my office is called the controller. She has like 21 years of experience at corporate places and get paid $90 an hour so I would think with 6 years you should make like $28

$28 an hour sounds low to me. I think girls right out of sem can make $25 an hour.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 1:51 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
Absolutely. That’s a bookkeepers job. Properly categorizing all transactions, reconciling and then providing reports based off of that.

Accountant is for tax planning and filing based off of those reports. Some accounting firms do it in house but that’s not called accounting.

So who's job is it to make sure that the insurance policy and such type things are expenses each month. Make sure that each month has the monthly expenses. Go over and make sure everything is expensed properly and in the proper month.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 2:01 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:

As someone who spent years working in audit you would laugh at what one company calls a CFO and what calls a controller or junior controller or accountant or bookkeeper and in many cases they perform exactly the same functions. There’s no universal definition here.

amother
Fern

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 2:02 pm
Hard to say what an appropriate hourly pay range would be, because it depends if you’re paid for days off. An annual salary of $70,000-100,000 sounds about right. I know that’s a large range, but really depends on the company. Some pay more and some less. I’m an accountant and do similar type of work like preparing financial statement, etc. but work in corporate environment. Frum companies tend to pay less.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 2:06 pm
I have a similar position and earn $33/hour, not in tri state area. I am hourly because I am part time and have lots if flexibility. If I would go full time then I am sure I can earn significantly more. I have more than 15 years experience and was in a small CPA firm prior

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Mar 15 2024, 2:06 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:

Do you prepare financial statements using GAAP or IFRS? I don't know which country your located in... and yes, preparing financial statements is an accountants job. It is the hardest CPA test and has a high failure rate.

It can be done by an accounting firm or it can be done in house (usually a controller).

Tax accounting is a totally separate thing and they do NOT file based on bookkeepers reports (that's their starting point).

(Reconciling is a bookkeepers job, not an accounting job).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries