Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Questions about your profession and salary
  Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11

amother
Red

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:29 am
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
any time there is a salary thread here, I feel that way!

same

justforfun87

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 10:45 am
amother Tealblue wrote:
This thread just makes me feel more and more pathetic.

I have a MS in an allied health field, work in a hospital, and make peanuts.

Is it possible to move? Big lane salary changes usually only happen when you switch jobs.

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 11:13 am
justforfun87 wrote:
Is it possible to move? Big lane salary changes usually only happen when you switch jobs.

Not in my field. Unless I become traveling and don’t live with my family.
I also work 1/2 mile from my home and have great coworkers.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 11:16 am
amother Tealblue wrote:
Not in my field. Unless I become traveling and don’t live with my family.
I also work 1/2 mile from my home and have great coworkers.

Unfortunately allied health salaries have not kept up with the times at all. It's very disappointing and disheartening.

amother
Bellflower

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 11:17 am
Nurse practitioner, part time from home, 80K

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 11:29 am
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
any time there is a salary thread here, I feel that way!

Is it that everyone is making large salaries, or those are the people who feel comfortable to share their salaries?

It's very possible there are many others making much smaller salaries but don't feel comfortable to share on this thread.

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 12:51 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
I’m a hospital social worker at a top NYC hospital. I make about 90k but my benefits are worth probably another 40k

are you a supervisior or a LCSW? How much is the rate for a starting LSW in a hospital?

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 1:07 pm
I am a SW in a nursing home. I started off at $55,000 a year for 32 hours a week. They just raised me to $60,000 for the same hours. I get no benefits.

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 1:09 pm
amother Birch wrote:
I am a SW in a nursing home. I started off at $55,000 a year for 32 hours a week. They just raised me to $60,000 for the same hours. I get no benefits.

Come to a hospital! You’ll earn so much more with amazing benefits!

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 1:10 pm
amother Birch wrote:
are you a supervisior or a LCSW? How much is the rate for a starting LSW in a hospital?

I’m LMSW. You don’t need C in hospital. No I’m Not a supervisor. I’m
Far from Starting so not certain but I think around 60-70. But the benefits will blow your mind.

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 2:11 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
Come to a hospital! You’ll earn so much more with amazing benefits!

Even in NJ? Do you know what the starting is here? Also, what is the social workers role in a hosptial?
Case management or emergency room?
I hate that I have no benefits, I am paying out of pocket for insurance which stinks. I also have no PTO.

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 2:21 pm
amother Birch wrote:
Even in NJ? Do you know what the starting is here? Also, what is the social workers role in a hosptial?
Case management or emergency room?
I hate that I have no benefits, I am paying out of pocket for insurance which stinks. I also have no PTO.

I’m sorry I don’t know anything about NJ; I’m in NY

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 2:41 pm
amother Oleander wrote:
I’m sorry I don’t know anything about NJ; I’m in NY

Do you mind expounding on your role as a hospital SW?

Thanks Smile

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 2:59 pm
In NJ, as a hospital MSW, I would expect starting salary to be between 55K-70K full time. Very decent health/dental benefits and PTO. Raises are not significant-think 2-3% annually, regardless of expanded responsibilities (unless it is a new title) how effective you are and how much you are loved, or the cost of living. Weekend coverage required on a rotating schedule (likely 2 Sundays a month instead of one weekend a month)
Primary role is going to be discharge planning and case management. Also ssisting patients and families with coping with diagnosis/death…. and available resources.

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:02 pm
amother Tealblue wrote:
In NJ, as a hospital MSW, I would expect starting salary to be between 55K-70K full time. Very decent health/dental benefits and PTO. Raises are not significant-thing 2-3% annually, regardless of expanded responsibilities (unless it is a new title) how effective you are and how much you are loved. Weekend coverage required on a rotating schedule (likely 2 Sundays a month instead of one weekend a month)
Primary role is going to be discharge planning and case management. Also ssisting patients and families with coping with diagnosis/death…. and available resources.

Thank you Smile

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Jan 10 2024, 3:02 pm
amother Birch wrote:
Do you mind expounding on your role as a hospital SW?

Thanks Smile

So I work on an inpt pediatric unit so I take care of patients and families surrounding whatever issues they have: from new diagnoses to chronic illness, to traumas like MVA or GSW, to abuse, neglect, addition etc. it’s broad role that differs by patient

MsShona

Post Mon, Mar 11 2024, 2:35 pm
I make a bit over $100K as an Operations Manager for a Jewish non-profit ($99K base + $2-$5K in bonuses). I have an MBA. But, for those who feel underpaid, I'll say this:

In 2019, when newly single as a mother of three, I worked as a marketing and licensed real estate assistant in commercial real estate for $46K base + commissions (which never topped $7K).

I had been in commercial real estate for a decade and tried to tough it out for lucretive commissions that never came (my base was paid based off of marketing, lease administration and property management support).

Then in 2020, I got a government job as a fiscal analyst, which paid $52K. Great benefits and it was a fantastic job to have during COVID (because no stress -- just clock in everyday, do some basic stuff -- go home). Ironically I was supervised by an Operations Manager and that is what even opened me up to that line of work.

My former boss actually has a degree in Industrial Engineering -- and tended to over-complicate things. But I found that what I would do, is 'translate' his ideas into training classes and documents so that the rest of the staff could understand. That's when I realized that I could actually do this type of work, no problem.

As far as what I do everyday, I have to know about everything that makes my organization function. IT, HR, accounting, marketing -- you name it. I don't have to do it myself, but I need to set up timetables and strategic plans as well as document processes and get staff trained on all of the systems that we use. I'm not certified, but I try to take whatever project management courses that I can. I love Excel and making graphs and reports and checking in with staff for updates on what they are working on. It's a very fun job! Cool
Page 11 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  9  10  11 Recent Topics