Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Give tip/hack/advice based on your professional experience
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:19 am
I'll start - I'm a speech-language pathologist. If your child isn't developing as expected (such as talking) make sure your child can hear properly. Please share any tip/hack/advice based on your own professional experience. I am hoping to hear from sheitel machers and cooks Smile

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:20 am
I work in cybersecurity. Just install the updates when your computer/phone says you need to. It takes a few minutes and you can save yourself a lot of heartache down the road

amother
Milk

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:24 am
It's a parenting piece of experience, but related to the above: if your child is showing signs of a learning disability, reading deficit, etc, check to see if they are seeing properly. This includes a basic exam as well as checking things like tracking and convergence. Some eye doctors routinely check for these, some will check on request, and some will send you to a different clinician. And asking your child something like if they see double often doesn't help- if they always have, they won't notice it.

I also recommend checking this for kids who have OT issues like spacial awareness or who tend to be clumsy.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:27 am
I’m a therapist who works with teens. My tip is if you want your child to do something, model it yourself. Not that that’s a guarantee, but if you don’t model it, all the therapy in the world won’t help much.

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:27 am
if your child is suffering, there is so much help out there. if you're struggling with them, especially babies and toddlers, don't be afraid to try alternative healing. there's a whole world of options out there. ask around, talk to people and find the help that's available for you.

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:28 am
I'm an OT. No matter what your child's development looks like, the best thing you can ever do for them is to prioritize your relationship with them. Spend time with them, play with them, talk to them (and listen!), look at them, show a range of facial expressions and emotions, connect with them at every opportunity.

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:35 am
I’m a professional organizer, if you’re starting to organize for the first time yourself, don’t start with your pantry, even if it’s the most tempting, start with something small and build your way up with only one cabinet/area at a time! And only do it when you have enough time, and are in a calm state of mind!

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:04 am
Swimming instructor here. Don't treat water like an enemy. For example if your child (even if they're a baby) gets wet from plain water don't say ewwww. Say "oh it's water so that makes you sparkling clean" or "that was fun". Got stuck in rain? Yay we're having a free sprinkler.. so so fun.. other kids splashing in pool? Say yumm so much fun!

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:19 am
amother Pumpkin wrote:
I’m a therapist who works with teens. My tip is if you want your child to do something, model it yourself. Not that that’s a guarantee, but if you don’t model it, all the therapy in the world won’t help much.

So are my kids doomed?

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:21 am
I write resumes, if your a licensed professional that name needs to be on the top line. Not your Hebrew name or married name. The name your license is under. Or you will find it in the trash.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:51 am
I’m also a speech language pathologist. Reading/books is such a great tool for expanding your child’s language skills! If your little one has a hard time sitting through a book, forget about reading the text and just talk about the pictures that you see with them (I see a ball! It’s blue and round. We can throw it, catch it or kick it!).

Malkqueen

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:56 am
Don't sign anything you don't fully understand (lease, contract, waiver).
And get a copy of whatever you sign for your records. I usually take pictures of the forms before I give them back in case I don't get a copy.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:58 am
Licensed Massage Therapist tip, if your back or arm leg etc is hurting, your muscles are telling you to stop! Give the muscle a break and a nice stretch. Don’t keep straining it or I’ll see you shortly Wink

s1

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 12:00 pm
I'm a teacher. Please don't talk negatively about the school or a teacher infront of your child. Please take your child for professional help when teachers recommend it.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 12:02 pm
I work in the kids clothing business- never buy anything at full price. Wait 4 weeks and they will start going on sale. Frum fashion has a very short life span. Take advantage.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 12:16 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:
I work in the kids clothing business- never buy anything at full price. Wait 4 weeks and they will start going on sale. Frum fashion has a very short life span. Take advantage.

As a shopper I find it difficult to find my sizing+ almost everyone goes final sale once prices are reduced which makes shopping online super risky.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 12:30 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:

Really? I find everything sells out so fast. Blink and you missed it. At least the stuff I want.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 12:32 pm
amother Firethorn wrote:
So are my kids doomed?

No but if you are a yeller for example, you can’t expect your kids not to have meltdowns and struggle with emotional regulation themselves.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 12:37 pm
amother Salmon wrote:
As a shopper I find it difficult to find my sizing+ almost everyone goes final sale once prices are reduced which makes shopping online super risky.

1. Lots of brands run a certain way, once you know how they run you can usually use those guidelines.
2. Works best for babies toddlers and younger kids. I agree teens are harder.
3. At the very end of the season when things are 70-80% off and $6 a piece it’s really a no-brainer. If it doesn’t fit someone you can find someone else to make happy.
4. Find a company (online stores are better with this) with good customer service and message them for measurements

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 12:39 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
Really? I find everything sells out so fast. Blink and you missed it. At least the stuff I want.

If you want the latest and freshest and all six kids matching then no it won’t work for you.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics