Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Give tip/hack/advice based on your professional experience
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

synthy

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 8:54 pm
Oh! One more thing. If I send you a file, please don’t screenshot it 😭. Upload the original! A screenshot loses a ton of resolution and you’ll end up with a blurry thing.

PractclyPerfect

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:09 pm
synthy wrote:
Graphic design:
The more edits you request, the worse your final design will look. One revision is ok, that’s all.
You don’t know what text size should be used, I do. That’s why you hired me.
If you insist on a specific idea, please don’t come back to me with taines after you show the final result (that I hate but you love) to your family, friends, and coworkers.
Ok this is turning into a rant… signing off Very Happy

Yes! Thank you!

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:11 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
Safety professional.
1. Buy a small ABC fire extinguisher, mount it on the wall just outside your kitchen, and learn how to use it. There are shmillions of YouTube videos.
2. Make sure you have working smoke alarms on every floor of your home and change the batteries as soon as they start to chirp. Smoke alarms really do save lives.
3. Don't overload outlets, never piggyback adapters or extension cords, and inspect electrical cords for damage before use. If they're damaged, cut off the plug and throw the cord out.

What is the bolded?

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:01 pm
amother Honeydew wrote:
What is the bolded?

Basically all-purpose, good for paper, electrical and grease fires.
A: materials found in Alleys: paper, cardboard, cloth, wood, plastic, organic matter
B: material found in Bottles: oil, alcohol, grease, solvents, waxes (which melt to form oil)
C: material that Carries Current: electrical fires

An ABC unit can be used on all of them. An A:B unit can't be used on electrical fires, a B:C can't be used on ordinary trash fires, so an A:B:C is best for your purposes. Units are rated with numbers, for example 5A:10BC. The higher the numbers, the bigger a fire the unit can handle. You don't need a very big unit; if the fire is bigger than a small wastebasket, GET OUT IMMEDIATELY. And if you never practiced handling the unit, don't bother trying for the first time when there's a fire; GET OUT IMMEDIATELY.

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:06 pm
Im a wholesaler, never ever ever ever never ever use a family member in your business even if you have the best relationship with her!

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:59 pm
I'm a teacher.

If your child is really enjoying their teacher's class and learning well, tell the teacher. Let them know!

If your child's teacher calls you and suggests (invites) to come to school to meet with her and the principals, don't respond with , "meetings are a waste of time." You just lost a lot of points!

if your child's teacher suggests that your child requires extra help or a neuropsych eval, etc. Take her seriously because no, she really doesn't ask most parents to do that. It means your child really needs help.

Be am open parent. Be an accepting parent. Be a listening parent.
To your child's teachers and principals.
If you are an oppositional parent, at a certain point, even if it is to your child's detriment that they are keeping quiet- because she really needs undiagnosed dyslexia, autism, anxiety, social skills issues etc. To be addressed they will keep quiet and vaguely hint to issues because you have earned yourself the title of a difficult parent. Really really sad but true.

ora_43

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 4:01 am
editor hat -

1. The most important thing is that it be interesting. Whether "it" is a book, a short story, an academic paper, ad copy, or whatever else. Spelling mistakes are easy to fix. Grammar is mostly easy to fix. A lack of a character arc in a book is hard to fix. A lack of real substance in a news article or academic paper is virtually impossible to fix.

Think first, second, and third about what you're trying to say and what's going to make it interesting for your audience, and leave spelling for the end.

2. Rewriting is not fixing. If you know what the problem is and how you're going to fix it, ok, rewrite. If it just "doesn't sound right" for goodness sakes do not insist on rewriting until it sounds perfect, there is no perfect and your editor is eventually going to drop you like a hot potato.

Last edited by ora_43 on Thu, Jan 18 2024, 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 4:26 am
OP - THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD!

Such a wonderful idea Flower

Highstrung

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 4:35 am
amother Cinnamon wrote:
Preschool morah-please be careful what you say or do in front of your kids, they're not babies anymore-they can talk about what they see or hear and I hear so much TMI, I can barely look at some parents by PTA embarrassed

If you believe all the stories my child tells you about me , I’ll start believing all the stories she says about you .
Kids this age have amazing imaginations and they can come up with very detailed stories that are all imaginary .
I was at PTA and the Morah told me “I heard you are getting a Labrador as a pet, she’s so excited about it ”… yes, in my child’s dreams. I am afraid of dogs and I’m allergic to pet dander , I’m no way getting a dog.

Last year the pre school director wished my DH Mazal Tov when he dropped my daughter off. He asked what the Mazal Tov was and she said “We heard that you had twin boys”…..Um, maybe there is something you know that we don’t .

I find it funny that the teachers actually believe all these stories.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 4:43 am
I was a pre school teacher.

One girl told me, my mom had a baby. Her mom was expecting. She made sure all the details match up. We sang and danced Mazel tov with her, we wrote the news into the newsletter. Then mom called me, that is imaginary, and she is so embarrassed, because all the other moms saw her pregnant by the school play. Few weeks later mom gave birth to a baby with down syndrome. I didn't know if I should include it in newsletter. It just was posted a few weeks earlier, plus I didn't know if the mom is open about it or not, being that baby has sn.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 4:46 am
Another girl, told me that her mom takes out an animal mask from the cabinet, and puts it on, and eats up the child, if she doesn't finish her dinner. Well, I don't know if it was true or not, but I got the picture, that the mom is very strict, and child is afraid of mom.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 4:50 am
Bleemee wrote:
So the number could be high but it takes more product to achieve that coverage?

It's not about the number, you won't get any coverage in some spots of any number unless you slather in a very thick layer. There's loads of articles on this but all skincare and dermatologists reccomend applying spf seperately.

It's just a marketing gimmick to get you to buy the makeup/skincare product.

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 5:11 am
amother Honeydew wrote:
I'm a teacher.

If your child is really enjoying their teacher's class and learning well, tell the teacher. Let them know!

If your child's teacher calls you and suggests (invites) to come to school to meet with her and the principals, don't respond with , "meetings are a waste of time." You just lost a lot of points!

if your child's teacher suggests that your child requires extra help or a neuropsych eval, etc. Take her seriously because no, she really doesn't ask most parents to do that. It means your child really needs help.

Be am open parent. Be an accepting parent. Be a listening parent.
To your child's teachers and principals.
If you are an oppositional parent, at a certain point, even if it is to your child's detriment that they are keeping quiet- because she really needs undiagnosed dyslexia, autism, anxiety, social skills issues etc. To be addressed they will keep quiet and vaguely hint to issues because you have earned yourself the title of a difficult parent. Really really sad but true.

Apple trees tend to beget apples. Undiagnosed issues in parents can cause them to become the difficult parents who miss undiagnosed issues with their children. I have yet to figure out a way to break this cycle.

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 5:16 am
amother Snowflake wrote:
Apple trees tend to beget apples. Undiagnosed issues in parents can cause them to become the difficult parents who miss undiagnosed issues with their children. I have yet to figure out a way to break this cycle.

This! This! This!

I don't know why teachers think that we have the magic answers.

I've gotten calls about DC's hard time following directions, not being organized, and I want to yell at the teachers - as soon as I figure out how to help their father I'll work on the child!!!! Obviously I cant say this to them, and then I'm stuck with the "bad mother" label.

I've also gotten calls about other things over the years- and seriously, what do the teachers want us parents to do? Not everything is fixable, do you teachers realize this???

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 5:48 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
Home organizer specializing in creating systems with ND moms.
- keep the linens for each room in the closet of the room that they are used. Same for towels.
- bring clean laundry to the room it needs to be folded in and fold straight into the drawers. This way the clean laundry is already in the right room in case you end up being called away and stop in middle of the job.
- have a get ready in the morning bucket or tray in your bathroom. Instead of separate spaces for your tooth brush/deodorant/makeup/vitamins/bedika clothes.

This sounds so simple but blew my mind at how I never thought of it. I wish you weren't anonymous because I would love to reach out and learn more about your services.

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 5:50 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
I think I will start an AMA thread

If you do, please link it here.

Bleemee

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 5:51 am
LovesHashem wrote:
It's not about the number, you won't get any coverage in some spots of any number unless you slather in a very thick layer. There's loads of articles on this but all skincare and dermatologists reccomend applying spf seperately.

It's just a marketing gimmick to get you to buy the makeup/skincare product.

Ok thank you.

Bleemee

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 5:53 am
seeker wrote:
If you do, please link it here.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....44441

seeker

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 6:02 am
amother Phlox wrote:
Basically all-purpose, good for paper, electrical and grease fires.
A: materials found in Alleys: paper, cardboard, cloth, wood, plastic, organic matter
B: material found in Bottles: oil, alcohol, grease, solvents, waxes (which melt to form oil)
C: material that Carries Current: electrical fires

An ABC unit can be used on all of them. An A:B unit can't be used on electrical fires, a B:C can't be used on ordinary trash fires, so an A:B:C is best for your purposes. Units are rated with numbers, for example 5A:10BC. The higher the numbers, the bigger a fire the unit can handle. You don't need a very big unit; if the fire is bigger than a small wastebasket, GET OUT IMMEDIATELY. And if you never practiced handling the unit, don't bother trying for the first time when there's a fire; GET OUT IMMEDIATELY.

How do you practice using a fire extinguisher without using it up? This is something I've actually thought about (like would I really know what to do if I had to?)

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jan 17 2024, 6:16 am
amother Maroon wrote:
I'm a BCBA: If your child was perfectly fine developmentally and suddenly began regressing into autism, he probably does not have autism.

It’s called regressive autism. Research it. I watched it happen with my brother. He’s 22 now.
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics