Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Give tip/hack/advice based on your professional experience
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 12:45 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:
1. Lots of brands run a certain way, once you know how they run you can usually use those guidelines.
2. Works best for babies toddlers and younger kids. I agree teens are harder.
3. At the very end of the season when things are 70-80% off and $6 a piece it’s really a no-brainer. If it doesn’t fit someone you can find someone else to make happy.
4. Find a company (online stores are better with this) with good customer service and message them for measurements

I don’t know I find that the cheaper stuff sells at first.

My baby recently grew. I got her a Tocoto set for 30$ and a sweatshirt for 25ish? And a loud sweatshirt for around the same.

All size 12 months, the sweatset is perfect, the sweatshirts both tiny. A different Tocoto sweatshirt I have in 18m is huge.

Same with mom tresor- she’s in 18m in everything, ordered two more sets and both barely fit.

That’s several things she won’t be using at all, happens to be she’s a baby so I couldn’t really buy sooner but I much prefer shopping earlier when the stores still have stock and I can try things on.

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 12:47 pm
Safety professional.
1. Buy a small ABC fire extinguisher, mount it on the wall just outside your kitchen, and learn how to use it. There are shmillions of YouTube videos.
2. Make sure you have working smoke alarms on every floor of your home and change the batteries as soon as they start to chirp. Smoke alarms really do save lives.
3. Don't overload outlets, never piggyback adapters or extension cords, and inspect electrical cords for damage before use. If they're damaged, cut off the plug and throw the cord out.

Goldengoose

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 1:41 pm
this thread is great. keep 'em coming.

m-u-a-mama

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 1:51 pm
MUA
Pls wear sunscreen every day! Yep even when it’s cloudy

Prevents cancer and protects your skin from aging

Drinking water can help for dry skin as well as just being good for you in general

If you know you have a Simcha coming up and you’re dry, apply Vaseline to your lips and moisturizer to your face every night , there’s only so much damage control I can do in a 45 min slot

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 1:52 pm
Home organizer specializing in creating systems with ND moms.
- keep the linens for each room in the closet of the room that they are used. Same for towels.
- bring clean laundry to the room it needs to be folded in and fold straight into the drawers. This way the clean laundry is already in the right room in case you end up being called away and stop in middle of the job.
- have a get ready in the morning bucket or tray in your bathroom. Instead of separate spaces for your tooth brush/deodorant/makeup/vitamins/bedika clothes.

Basya

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 1:55 pm
Restarting your computer resolves sooo many problems. It should be the first thing you try with any computer/software problem. Refreshing your browser is also helpful, and easy enough.
Notepad++ is free to download and sooo much better than standard notepad and the best part is that it saves automatically, so if your computer gets shut off unexpectedly, you don't lose it.

amother
Leaf

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 1:59 pm
amother Cerulean wrote:
Home organizer specializing in creating systems with ND moms.
- keep the linens for each room in the closet of the room that they are used. Same for towels.
- bring clean laundry to the room it needs to be folded in and fold straight into the drawers. This way the clean laundry is already in the right room in case you end up being called away and stop in middle of the job.
- have a get ready in the morning bucket or tray in your bathroom. Instead of separate spaces for your tooth brush/deodorant/makeup/vitamins/bedika clothes.
I love these! (Undiagnosed ADHD Confused ) please share more!!

amother
Leaf

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 1:59 pm

yachnabobba

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:06 pm
I’m a respiratory therapist
Albuterol doesn’t take care of every problem with breathing- ie congestion. Visualize a parking garage -when you are congested every parking space is full and the albuterol can not park and do it’s thing
For geriatric patients: if you are told not to give the patient to drink then lmaan Hashem please don’t.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:08 pm
Graphic designer. If you're designing an ad, even on Canva for Whatsapp, less is more. Go with a big, bold, short headline that has your main message. Everything else on the layout should be much smaller. Don't clutter up the layout with lots of wording all in a similar size; you need a clear hierarchy so people know what to read first, second, and third. And stick to simple, easy to read fonts.

If you end up using a professional for your design, you will need a professional logo. We can't magically create a beautiful design for your business using a generic logo downloaded from a free logo website, or one designed in Microsoft Word.

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:08 pm
When going for an interview; think before you talk and don't use slang language! Appear humble but confident

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:10 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I write resumes, if your a licensed professional .

Just a helpful tip: you should proofread and make sure everything is spelled correctly especially if your expertise is in writing…..

scruffy

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:13 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Just a helpful tip: you should proofread and make sure everything is spelled correctly especially if your expertise is in writing…..

A post on social media is very different than a resume.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:14 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
I love these! (Undiagnosed ADHD Confused ) please share more!!

I think I will start an AMA thread

amother
PlumPink

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:23 pm
m-u-a-mama wrote:
MUA
Pls wear sunscreen every day! Yep even when it’s cloudy

Prevents cancer and protects your skin from aging

Drinking water can help for dry skin as well as just being good for you in general

If you know you have a Simcha coming up and you’re dry, apply Vaseline to your lips and moisturizer to your face every night , there’s only so much damage control I can do in a 45 min slot

Do you have any sunscreen you recommend for daily use?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:36 pm
Travel agent
Buy that extra seat for your baby if you can on any flight longer than 3 hours unless you’re fully comfortable holding them the entire time. Bassinet is never guaranteed. Just bring a car seat onboard. Doona is great.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:39 pm
scruffy wrote:
A post on social media is very different than a resume.

Not the point. It leaves an impression. Just a tip for people who care how they’re perceived, especially on a business level.

A friend told me recently that her college professor writes up assignments, and communicates with the students via email, in a way that’s practically impossible to understand because of the many misspellings and incorrect grammar and lack of any punctuation. I can’t imagine what they’re thinking.

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:40 pm
amother Floralwhite wrote:
Travel agent
Buy that extra seat for your baby if you can on any flight longer than 3 hours unless you’re fully comfortable holding them the entire time. Bassinet is never guaranteed. Just bring a car seat onboard. Doona is great.

I did when my baby was past the infant car seat age and regretted it (the car seat part, not buying him his own seat). The person in front of us was really upset at us that she couldn't recline her seat and did so anyways (even though we asked her politely not to), so his carseat wasn't able to fit and was propped at a weird angle. My baby wasn't able to sleep and kept screaming angrily our whole flight to Israel. If I would do it again, I would have gotten one of those inflatable cushion things

amother
Milk

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:42 pm
s1 wrote:
I'm a teacher. Please don't talk negatively about the school or a teacher infront of your child. Please take your child for professional help when teachers recommend it.

What would you say a parent should tell their child if it is confirmed that the teacher or principal is wrong and mistreating them? Other than that they think they were doing the right thing, wouldn't a parent need to tell the child that the teacher is wrong, and a) either they need to go along anyway or b) the parents are working on it, or both?

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:48 pm
I work in accounting /bookkeeping

Always check your bank account daily for any unauthorized transactions .

Also check the checks that cleared that the amounts are the same as you issued them and they are written out to the correct payee.

There is so much fraud out there .
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics