Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Give tip/hack/advice based on your professional experience
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:49 pm
I’m a nurse. Eating less than 9grams a day of sugar can really help keep inflammation in check and help you prevent issues down the line. Speak to your kids, starting when they are young, about the damage smoking can do to one’s body (doesn’t always help but worth a try).

zoom

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:52 pm
m-u-a-mama wrote:
MUA
Pls wear sunscreen every day! Yep even when it’s cloudy

Prevents cancer and protects your skin from aging

Drinking water can help for dry skin as well as just being good for you in general

If you know you have a Simcha coming up and you’re dry, apply Vaseline to your lips and moisturizer to your face every night , there’s only so much damage control I can do in a 45 min slot

Which sunscreen?
And what no?

And dont they make your skin gready like before makeup?

The ones I have are all meant for body aswel, does that mean they are less sensitive to the face?
Do I need to get a face one?
Thanks so much.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:53 pm
I'm a BCBA: If your child was perfectly fine developmentally and suddenly began regressing into autism, he probably does not have autism.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 2:59 pm
I manage a call center:

1. Your calls really are recorded, and guess what? Even when you're on hold, it's still being recorded. So we can hear you telling your husband that the person you're talking to is stupid or yelling at your kid to be quiet because you're on the phone.
2. This is just an interesting point -many, many, many chat programs show the rep what you're chatting even before you submit. We can see you typing, erasing, and typing again. We won't respond until you submit, but it helps us start finding the answer for you.
3. We may not be able to send you a new one, reimburse you for issues you had, etc. but we can usually issue a refund, no matter what we tell you. Ask to speak to a manager if you need to, and ask for the refund (assuming you have a good reason).
4. Don't start yelling or being rude. Just stay calm and polite and ask us how we can help you.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:08 pm
If your daughter is old enough to work, let her call and ask about it herself and not have the mother apply for her.

scruffy

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:08 pm
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
If your daughter is old enough to work, let her call and ask about it herself and not have the mother apply for her.

OMG Surprised

I had no idea that's a thing!!

yachnabobba

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:11 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
I’m a nurse. Eating less than 9grams a day of sugar can really help keep inflammation in check and help you prevent issues down the line. Speak to your kids, starting when they are young, about the damage smoking can do to one’s body (doesn’t always help but worth a try).

VAPING …. ALI please no vaping

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:12 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
I'm a BCBA: If your child was perfectly fine developmentally and suddenly began regressing into autism, he probably does not have autism.

Tell me more

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:13 pm
I’m a copywriter and editor.

If you’re writing a website or ad, have someone with an excellent command of the language look it over thoroughly before you publish or go live. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes (those apostrophes!) take away from your professionalism and legitimacy.

Oh, and never use fancy words if you’re not quite sure what they mean.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:13 pm
I'm part of the hiring team at work. If you are given any sort of test or assignment, please run spell check before you hand it in! We notice every misspelled word, and technology helps you fix it in 5 seconds, it just seems unprofessional otherwise.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:25 pm
Elder law attorney here.
Speak with an attorney about having a will and advanced directives, if you haven't done so already.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:28 pm
amother Peony wrote:
I’m a copywriter and editor.

If you’re writing a website or ad, have someone with an excellent command of the language look it over thoroughly before you publish or go live. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes (those apostrophes!) take away from your professionalism and legitimacy.

Agree. And btw, it’s not always appropriate to use “whom” instead of “who.” 😊

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:31 pm
amother Azalea wrote:
Tell me more

Generally autism would have signs from a very young age. It might be subtle, but they are there.
Ex: not calming easily as a baby, eye contact might not be great even if present etc. Parents will often have an uncomfortable feeling even if they can't put a finger on it. And then either the child won't start speaking, won't learn new skills and will get evaluated, or the child will learn to speak and the social deficits will become more pronounced once they enter school.
This all applies to children who actually have autism.

There are some children that are developing beautifully all around and then suddenly there is a concern that seemed to have come out of nowhere. For example the child stopped saying words they were previously able to say, stopped playing with toys functionally and instead will hyperfocus on parts of the toy, maybe the child will suddenly start having lots of tantrums.
These kids might get a diagnosis of autism when in reality it might not be autism at all.

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:33 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
Generally autism would have signs from a very young age. It might be subtle, but they are there.
Ex: not calming easily as a baby, eye contact might not be great even if present etc. Parents will often have an uncomfortable feeling even if they can't put a finger on it. And then either the child won't start speaking, won't learn new skills and will get evaluated, or the child will learn to speak and the social deficits will become more pronounced once they enter school.
This all applies to children who actually have autism.

There are some children that are developing beautifully all around and then suddenly there is a concern that seemed to have come out of nowhere. For example the child stopped saying words they were previously able to say, stopped playing with toys functionally and instead will hyperfocus on parts of the toy, maybe the child will suddenly start having lots of tantrums.
These kids might get a diagnosis of autism when in reality it might not be autism at all.

Is there research supporting this? On what basis are you dismissing regressive autism?

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 3:49 pm
amother Poppy wrote:
Is there research supporting this? On what basis are you dismissing regressive autism?

Here are two articles supporting this.
It's also interesting to note, the children who truly have autism will generally show consistent steady progress with therapy. The others progress will be very variable.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....1527/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30548847/

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:06 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
Here are two articles supporting this.
It's also interesting to note, the children who truly have autism will generally show consistent steady progress with therapy. The others progress will be very variable.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....1527/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30548847/

There is very limited research to support viewing CDD as distinctly different from autism, which is why they are lumped together in the DSM. Practically speaking, what difference would it make to a parent to differentiate?

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 4:21 pm
amother Razzmatazz wrote:

Reminds me of the girl that showed up to the interview with her father and he insisted on being part of the interview . Nope, she wasn’t hired .

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:04 pm
These are all great!
Any sheitelmachers or cooks/bakers?

zaq

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:06 pm
amother Peony wrote:

And even if you're 1000% positive that you do know what they mean, look them up in the dictionary anyway.

s1

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:12 pm
amother Milk wrote:
What would you say a parent should tell their child if it is confirmed that the teacher or principal is wrong and mistreating them? Other than that they think they were doing the right thing, wouldn't a parent need to tell the child that the teacher is wrong, and a) either they need to go along anyway or b) the parents are working on it, or both?

In such a situation, which yes, does occur, I'd suggest
Meeting with someone in a leadership position in the school to ascertain politely what's been happening
If a teacher really has mistreated a child, if possible switch the child's class
Try and sort it out calmly and professionally
Don't gossip about the teacher, even if they have done something wrong.
Try and get the teacher to have a restorative conversation with your child
I'd tell the child
Mrs X did such and such and you're right, she shouldn't have. She's sorry about it, and moving forward, this is what we're going to do to prevent it from happening again.

(Hope this makes sense!)
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics