Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Give tip/hack/advice based on your professional experience
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:37 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
Reminds me of the girl that showed up to the interview with her father and he insisted on being part of the interview . Nope, she wasn’t hired .

My brother-in-law once interviewed someone who insisted on coming with her identical twin!

m-u-a-mama

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:46 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
Do you have any sunscreen you recommend for daily use?

Frankly I use neutrogena
You don’t need to spend $$$ just make sure it’s a reputable brand

m-u-a-mama

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:48 pm
zoom wrote:
Which sunscreen?
And what no?

And dont they make your skin gready like before makeup?

The ones I have are all meant for body aswel, does that mean they are less sensitive to the face?
Do I need to get a face one?
Thanks so much.

The neutrogena one I use as I mentioned above does not leave a greasy film
Yes try to get one specifically for face
Idk if it makes them less sensitive but they can leave a film

m-u-a-mama

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 5:51 pm
m-u-a-mama wrote:
The neutrogena one I use as I mentioned above does not leave a greasy film
Yes try to get one specifically for face
Idk if it makes them less sensitive but they can leave a film

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title

I use this one
It looks like I searched spf skincare which would differentiate between body sunscreen and face

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:12 pm
Drug Addiction therapist...

Vaping isn't harmless. It often leads to more intense drug use. (Tolerance builds, they are used to smoking/vaping so want to use something more to ease anxiety etc).
Cannabis isn't "healthy". I have worked with people who became paranoid and went into psychosis from "just pot". Likelihood increases if used under age 26 or so.

Talk to your kids. Talk to their schools. Push for a no vape/smoking policy.
And yes, they have weed pens that look just like vapes.

Watch your meds in your home.

Learn how to use Narcan. Super easy and doesn't need a prescription in the USA- and can save a life.

If your kid needs help- send them to someone licensed! And working within their field of practice! So many frum clients went to a teacher to help with emotional issues... it is really not a good idea. They didn't get the help needed and now are "burnt out" from therapy etc.

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:13 pm
m-u-a-mama wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08HWK8F9T?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I use this one
It looks like I searched spf skincare which would differentiate between body sunscreen and face

Do you apply on top of or under moisturizer?

m-u-a-mama

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:14 pm
amother Brickred wrote:
Do you apply on top of or under moisturizer?

On top
After all skincare I do a very very light layer
It’s spf 60 plus my makeup has some spf so hopefully I’m covered

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:15 pm
m-u-a-mama wrote:
On top
After all skincare I do a very very light layer
It’s spf 60 plus my makeup has some spf so hopefully I’m covered

Thanks!!

amother
Feverfew

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:35 pm
As a therapist please try to get comfortable having open honest conversations with your kids from when they are young. You don’t need to bring your kids to see me because somebody in the family is having surgery, or because somebody died, or because some other unfortunate event occurred in the family, or just to check if they are ok. Start by having these conversations with them early on enough that you build a framework of trust and build an emotional vocabulary. This way if something challenging happens they already are accustomed to talking to you, they will trust you to be honest with them, and they will have the vocabulary to communicate their feelings with words. If you aren’t comfortable having open conversations with your kids, then the best thing is for YOU to see me, not your child. Learn how to communicate with them, and you will benefit from it for a lifetime, and your kids will too.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:38 pm
I am in real estate/property management.
1. b4 buying a property we highly recommend an environmental test to check the land is approved for building.
(we are currently I such a situation)
2. It is never they right time to invest so why wait?
3. vet your tenants well
4. how much money you think you need to have for investment you really need 100K more.. sorry if you thought you have the right amount in savings.

dankbar

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 6:51 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
I’m a therapist who works with teens. My tip is if you want your child to do something, model it yourself. Not that that’s a guarantee, but if you don’t model it, all the therapy in the world won’t help much.

It's true what you are saying.

Most likely, when you have two healthy parents doing everything right, their children would be fine and not need therapy. Parents would model & teach them everything, validate, listen to them. Process with them and work thru any issues they had. Would encourage them, guide them, build their self esteem etc. Give them the time and attention they need. Provide them with all their physical, emotional, spiritual needs. Give them logical explanations. Help them regulate their emotions. Teach them how to communicate properly with the right words with no hands and feet. Teach them how calm their anger down. Teach them social skills so they have friends etc......

With unhealthy parents there is more a need of therapy for their kids.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 7:12 pm
I'm a seit and my tips for child development are:
Read to your children every night.
Take them on errands with you.

The experiences and literacy skills you can get from those two are so important for nurturing young minds.

amother
White

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 7:33 pm
As a preschool teacher: please send in your kids with full winter gear every day that it's cold! Even if you're just going from the house to the car, your child is playing outside for at least half-hour daily at school!

Bleemee

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 7:37 pm
m-u-a-mama wrote:

I use this one

Why wouldn’t you use face moisturizer with SPF?

meyerlemon44

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 8:43 pm
m-u-a-mama wrote:

I use this one

I also use this and really like it. It doesn’t make me break out, like so many moisturizers with SPF have in the past.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:11 pm
Love this thread! In Commercial Real Estate
Never invest money you can't afford to lose
Know you are investing with the person not the only the deal do you trust the person.

amother
Dill

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:25 pm
amother Fuchsia wrote:
I am in real estate/property management.
1. b4 buying a property we highly recommend an environmental test to check the land is approved for building.
(we are currently I such a situation)
2. It is never they right time to invest so why wait?
3. vet your tenants well
4. how much money you think you need to have for investment you really need 100K more.. sorry if you thought you have the right amount in savings.

More Please!

Im getting ready to invest now for the first time..

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:31 pm
I'm a P3. As much as doing well in school is important, it is not and should never come down to marks. Value your kid's self-esteem, their social life, their middos.... Drown them with love and approval for their efforts and their willingness to try and to work hard. At the end of the day, it won't make a difference if they got As or Bs or not, what will matter is if they come out feeling good about themselves, if they feel you and their teachers and faculty love them and are proud of them, if they know how to make friends and be friends, and can build a future for themselves. If the school they are in just makes them feel incompetent and bad about themselves, if they can't keep up with the curriculum and just end up feeling dumb and useless, for the love of G-d please switch them out and find something more suited to them, it's not worth killing their entire sense of self. School and marks and being in a "brand name" school is just temporary, the priority is getting them set with a solid, sturdy foundation for life.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:40 pm
amother Dill wrote:
More Please!

Im getting ready to invest now for the first time..

Do DD (Due Diligence) on the property you are investing in.
Google is your Best Friend Google the area, demographics, if the rents they are projecting to achieve make sense based on the rental comps.
Look at Apartments.com see if the rental comps are really comparable.

Familiarize yourself with the basic lingo IRR, Equity multiple, cash on cash, cap rate

m-u-a-mama

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:45 pm
Bleemee wrote:
Why wouldn’t you use face moisturizer with SPF?

U can! I like my moisturizer which doesn’t have any but if you find one that is both go for it!
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics