Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Give tip/hack/advice based on your professional experience
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

TCR

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:48 pm
m-u-a-mama wrote:
Frankly I use neutrogena
You don’t need to spend $$$ just make sure it’s a reputable brand

(@m-u-a-mama-sorry for going off on a tangent for a minute-can u pls tell me which is best tinted moisturizer that will cover freckles somewhat?)

amother
Lotus

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:50 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
Generally autism would have signs from a very young age. It might be subtle, but they are there.
Ex: not calming easily as a baby, eye contact might not be great even if present etc. Parents will often have an uncomfortable feeling even if they can't put a finger on it. And then either the child won't start speaking, won't learn new skills and will get evaluated, or the child will learn to speak and the social deficits will become more pronounced once they enter school.
This all applies to children who actually have autism.

There are some children that are developing beautifully all around and then suddenly there is a concern that seemed to have come out of nowhere. For example the child stopped saying words they were previously able to say, stopped playing with toys functionally and instead will hyperfocus on parts of the toy, maybe the child will suddenly start having lots of tantrums.
These kids might get a diagnosis of autism when in reality it might not be autism at all.

Please share more. So if a kid shows big tantrums, gets an asd diagnosis because they are a perfectionist, don’t like when change happens, and have a tough time emotionally regulating what do we do with that child? What does that mean then? Thank u so much!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:51 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
I'm a seit and my tips for child development are:
Read to your children every night.
Take them on errands with you.

The experiences and literacy skills you can get from those two are so important for nurturing young minds.

Any other SEIT tips? Considering the field

m-u-a-mama

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 9:59 pm
TCR wrote:
(@m-u-a-mama-sorry for going off on a tangent for a minute-can u pls tell me which is best tinted moisturizer that will cover freckles somewhat?)

Embrace your freckles!!!!
Lol k fine
Laura mercier and bare minerals r both good
I personally hate the NARS one
Apply w a damp makeup sponge for a thinner layer or dry one or fingers for a thicker layer

amother
Springgreen

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:05 pm
If you're in therapy and you feel it isn't helping you much, or you feel you're going in circles try EMDR.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:18 pm
Pediatric hospital social worker:
Honesty is the best policy. If your baby or child has a skull fracture and is being worked up for non accidental trauma, best to tell us what actually happened even if that is that your 2 year old dripped her or she fell off the bed. Making up stories or being deliberately vague and evasive is what has us concerned that there are other things you’re hiding and reports are most often made when the narrative doesn’t match the injury.

amother
Kiwi

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:23 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
I'm a seit and my tips for child development are:
Read to your children every night.
Take them on errands with you.

The experiences and literacy skills you can get from those two are so important for nurturing young minds.

So true. I teach special Ed. One thirteen year old student has almost never run an errand with her mother. She is so limited in her exposure it’s scary and sad

amother
Amaranthus

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:30 pm
I'm a product designer (design apps and websites).
Not all websites are designed with your phone in mind. If you're having a hard time viewing a website on your phone go to the top right corner- click the more button (3 dots) and check off the box that says "desktop site"- it will show the desktop version of that site. Pinch to zoom in if it appears too zoomed out at first.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:34 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
I’m a nurse. Eating less than 9grams a day of sugar can really help keep inflammation in check and help you prevent issues down the line. Speak to your kids, starting when they are young, about the damage smoking can do to one’s body (doesn’t always help but worth a try).

9 grams wow! That's literally nothing! Do you eat like that

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:37 pm
Bleemee wrote:
Why wouldn’t you use face moisturizer with SPF?

Based on what I've read the amount of spf in mixed products is very low coverage. You'd need to slather an incredibly thick layer or product to get the same result of using spf plain. Cheaper to buy spf.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:45 pm
yachnabobba wrote:
I’m a respiratory therapist
Albuterol doesn’t take care of every problem with breathing- ie congestion. Visualize a parking garage -when you are congested every parking space is full and the albuterol can not park and do it’s thing
For geriatric patients: if you are told not to give the patient to drink then lmaan Hashem please don’t.

Thank you. It made me crazy when I couldn’t get Albuterol for my Asthmatic child because ppl were getting albuterol for every cough/sniffles

amother
Cinnamon

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 10:58 pm
Preschool morah-please be careful what you say or do in front of your kids, they're not babies anymore-they can talk about what they see or hear and I hear so much TMI, I can barely look at some parents by PTA embarrassed

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:26 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
Preschool morah-please be careful what you say or do in front of your kids, they're not babies anymore-they can talk about what they see or hear and I hear so much TMI, I can barely look at some parents by PTA embarrassed

Well guess what? kids make up stories!!
My child's morah just told me something that sounds totally legit (and embarassing) but is completely NOT true. child said it over very nonchalantly and morah oddly repeated it back to me. but BH for that. this is not the first time my child's imagination went wild.

Bleemee

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:27 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Based on what I've read the amount of spf in mixed products is very low coverage. You'd need to slather an incredibly thick layer or product to get the same result of using spf plain. Cheaper to buy spf.

So the number could be high but it takes more product to achieve that coverage?

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:27 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:

Tell us your best story LOL

amother
Mocha

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:36 pm
I work in case management for the elderly:

PLEASE buy a long term care policy for yourself when you are young and healthy.
PLEASE save a LOT of money for your later years. Paying for any kind of help costs a fortune.
PLEASE do not assume the government will pay for your care when you get older. Unless you are on Medicaid (very low income), the government will do close to nothing for you.

SAVE, SAVE, SAVE. And then save.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:41 pm
amother Firethorn wrote:
Tell us your best story LOL

Morah, morah, last night I went to the bathroom and my mommy was in the shower and daddy was in the shower too!

I had to get the principal involved recently, I knew there was more to the story and it turns out her sibling has seizures. The fear from my confused four year old storyteller heavily embellished her tale.

m-u-a-mama

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:45 pm
LovesHashem wrote:

Also forgot to write this before
Mixed products generally only go to spf 15
30 if you’re lucky
I know they say past a certain # it’s all the same but idk what that # is (I believe 45/50)
But I’m happy with my 60
And yea loves Hashem is right you’d need significantly more of the product for optimal sun protection because it’s diluted

m-u-a-mama

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:46 pm
Bleemee wrote:
So the number could be high but it takes more product to achieve that coverage?

It can be
Most products aren’t though
Also maybe it’s silly but I do think there’s something to using a product in a purer form
Like just sunscreen and just foundation, vs the two mixed
(Even though most foundations have spf I think)

synthy

Post Tue, Jan 16 2024, 11:52 pm
Graphic design:
The more edits you request, the worse your final design will look. One revision is ok, that’s all.
You don’t know what text size should be used, I do. That’s why you hired me.
If you insist on a specific idea, please don’t come back to me with taines after you show the final result (that I hate but you love) to your family, friends, and coworkers.
Ok this is turning into a rant… signing off Very Happy
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics