Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Rebbi tutor-how much $$?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 10:56 pm
I want my son to be tutored twice a week for 30 min for limudei kodesh. He’s in 2nd grade
What’s the going rate?

effess

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 10:57 pm
Depends where you live
My friend’s husband in Lakewood charges $100/hr

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 10:59 pm
we live in the five towns and dh is a rebbe. He charges $100 for 45 minutes.

amother
Steel

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 11:00 pm
My husband charges $60/hr

amother
Dill

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 11:05 pm
We paid $60/hour, but it was a couple years ago.

amother
Milk

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 11:33 pm
$65-$85

amother
Lightyellow

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 11:33 pm
We live out of town but big city and pay $40/half hour for a yungerman to learn with my 8th grader

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Jan 19 2024, 12:01 am
We live OOT big city. Dh is experienced Rebbi of 25 years. He charges $70/hr.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 7:35 pm
In Brooklyn?

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 8:19 pm
My husband does 45min/$120.
He tutors older boys. Gemara and such subjects.
Brooklyn

amother
Midnight

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 8:38 pm
out of curiosity not to derail this thread. how do people become tutors and find people to hire (asking because my son is excellent at this and is really looking for a job has hung signs and offered for less pay but barely got people to teach) is it more by reputation and word of mouth ? (OP my apologies if this derails your thread I will delete and start a s/o)

amother
Lily

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 8:41 pm
My father is a very experienced rebbi & he takes $160 an hour for bachurim, $120 for boys.

amother
Trillium

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 8:43 pm
amother Midnight wrote:
out of curiosity not to derail this thread. how do people become tutors and find people to hire (asking because my son is excellent at this and is really looking for a job has hung signs and offered for less pay but barely got people to teach) is it more by reputation and word of mouth ? (OP my apologies if this derails your thread I will delete and start a s/o)

Word of mouth for sure helps. Also to hook up with schools. They are always looking for names to give to parents.

amother
Midnight

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 8:53 pm
amother Trillium wrote:
Word of mouth for sure helps. Also to hook up with schools. They are always looking for names to give to parents.
so like call the principal/Rebbe ?

My son wants to start with 40 an hour he told me and eventually go higher

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 8:56 pm
amother Trillium wrote:

My husband is a Rebbi for many years. Over the years parents asked him to tutor their kids. Then those parents spoke to community parents in other schools.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sat, Jan 20 2024, 8:58 pm
amother Midnight wrote:
so like call the principal/Rebbe ?

My son wants to start with 40 an hour he told me and eventually go higher

Teachers for sure. I don’t know if principals would…
It might also be worth it for him to speak to his friends who tutor and already have a clientele. Let’s say a parent reaches out and they don’t have availability or the parent can’t pay what they charge, the tutor will refer them to your son.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 12:54 am
amother Lily wrote:
My father is a very experienced rebbi & he takes $160 an hour for bachurim, $120 for boys.

OMG!... in what communities can he charge that much?? My husband is a rebbi of 25 years. 25 years ago he charged $40/hr, now he is charging $70/hr.
How can anybody afford to pay for tutoring? as much as I wish my husband could earn at a higher rate, I feel so bad for the parents of kids who need tutoring if that s the going rate in their community, wow...

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 1:08 am
amother OP wrote:
In Brooklyn?

Paying $75 for 45 min. Upper elementary being tutored in Gemara. Brooklyn.
To answer the other poster who asked about how to get a job-we got this rebbi/tutor through a different tutor in ds’s yeshiva.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 10:08 am
amother Midnight wrote:

It’s OK, no apologies needed! My son is in second grade and he really loves his Rebbi Which is why I asked him To tutor. Where is your son located? Maybe my son can use him as well

amother
Lily

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 10:12 am
amother Oak wrote:
OMG!... in what communities can he charge that much?? My husband is a rebbi of 25 years. 25 years ago he charged $40/hr, now he is charging $70/hr.
How can anybody afford to pay for tutoring? as much as I wish my husband could earn at a higher rate, I feel so bad for the parents of kids who need tutoring if that s the going rate in their community, wow...

This rate is on the low end in Brooklyn for a tutor that is specifically experienced in tutoring learning disabled or challenging kids.
Most that specialize with learning disabilities or especially challenging kids, take $200-$250 an hour.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics