Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Love or Hate Shopping/Mall?
1  2  Next

Love or Hate Shopping/Mall?
YES! (Love it!)  
 28%  [ 45 ]
NO! (Hate it!)  
 50%  [ 80 ]
Indifferent.  
 15%  [ 24 ]
What's a "Mall?"  
 1%  [ 3 ]
The obligatory option: OTHER.  
 4%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 159

MrsDash

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 6:00 pm
I absolutely abhor going shopping at the mall. Tongue Out

The crowds of people. Waiting. Oh the waiting is the worst! Not necessarily on a line, but waiting while others try on clothes, shoes, picking out a lipstick.

It's definitely not genetic. Apparently, I'm the ONLY ONE in the family who feels this way. LOL

Obviously there are occasions that require trying something on or seeing the items in person. I see it as a chore. I go in quick and get out faster.

Please don't hate on me for this opinion. I promise-ish I'm normal in every other way. Cool

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 6:05 pm
I hate online shopping. Why do I need to send $500 worth of clothes to my home hoping I will actually have something to wear. And then you need to do returns. You don’t know the size or quality until you buy it, forget about how it will fit.
I can at least shop from Nordstroms/Bloomingdale’s/off 5th… but try ordering form an unknown source-it might be completely off at best or a scam where they either never send product or steal your information.

Let me go to a store. See the item. Touch the fabric. If I like what I see I can try it on. If it is good I pay and go home. Finished.

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 7:41 pm
Malls are very overwhelming for me. I hate the walking and hate the blaring music in every store. It’s simply exhausting! I’d rather shop online and be busy with returns than shop at the mall.

:)iknowit

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 9:41 pm
Between the people, noise, smells, music it’s all too much for me. I get a migraine. I haven’t been in years.

zigi

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 9:47 pm
I like seeing things in person. But I hate really long lines.

giftedmom

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:31 pm
amother Tulip wrote:
Malls are very overwhelming for me. I hate the walking and hate the blaring music in every store. It’s simply exhausting! I’d rather shop online and be busy with returns than shop at the mall.

This is why I like Frum stores better. Much less sensory overload, especially when they’re mostly empty.

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 10:49 pm
Where does everyone shop where there’s long lines? And OP why do you have to wait for people to try on lipstick? Unless you mean waiting for people you are shopping together with

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 12:32 am
I hate shopping. Period. Everything gives me a headache, I have zero patience, I'm indecisive so I just grab he first thing, there's way too much noise, the sakes people are too overbearing.
More?

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 12:49 am
I love the sensory experience of a mall. I like to see/feel what I am buying (although some times I am too lazy to try on so I need to return) I hate it on Sunday tho because I can't handle lines.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 1:08 am
I dislike shopping in general, but if I need something, especially clothing or certainly shoes, I need to try it on and make sure it fits properly, inspect the fabric, etc.

I seldom buy clothes online, and I never buy shoes online unless I an just reordering an item I already own.

sequoia

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 1:24 am
I buy everything online. Stores are overwhelming for me even if there are no crowds or music blaring.

I don’t order from chinese or shady sites.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 3:14 am
Malls are too overwhelming but smaller shops on the street are OK if they aren't crowded.
I browse the internet a lot for shopping but prefer in shop purchase.

Rappel

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 5:32 am
I would never go shopping for fun, but if I need something, I go in, get it, leave. I don't enjoy when I'm required to travel through large or busy displays just to get to the one item I need.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 5:37 am
I love shopping for items that you don't need to try on.

Kids/baby clothing, candles, perfume, makeup, accessories, getting food, toys, literally anything that gives you the dopamine without the stress.

Also malls in Israel never have lines linger than 2-3 people unless it's Zara and h and m.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 5:39 am
amother Stone wrote:
I love the sensory experience of a mall. I like to see/feel what I am buying (although some times I am too lazy to try on so I need to return) I hate it on Sunday tho because I can't handle lines.

Yes! I love the hustle and bustle of so many people. I find it calming. I love browsing, getting a smoothie and just sitting and people watching. Getting lunch myself and watching all the people pass by.

It is NOT calming when I'm searching for something I need.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 6:06 am
DrMom wrote:
I dislike shopping in general, but if I need something, especially clothing or certainly shoes, I need to try it on and make sure it fits properly, inspect the fabric, etc.

I seldom buy clothes online, and I never buy shoes online unless I an just reordering an item I already own.

This is more or less me. Although of late I have been buying on line a little more often than in the past. Usually inexpensive things or can't go wrong pieces that won't hurt too much if they don't end up being suitable. I've actually rarely been disappointed .

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 9:39 am
I don’t usually find crowds/waiting on line to be an issue, malls these days aren’t that packed. The few times I’ve gone with DH he felt so uncomfortable walking by the provocative store fronts (and obviously stores like Victoria’s Secret), and we both get very uncomfortable with the music that they choose to blast. So DH doesn’t go and I try not to either…it’s simply not comfortable.

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 9:41 am
I really really dislike all kinds of shopping. online and in store. food and clothes and shoes.
but I like when my family is dressed well and fresh so I do it.

amother
Firethorn

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 10:58 am
I voted other. I love malls but hate shopping. I just like walking around and looking at things.

happy chick

Post Wed, Jan 24 2024, 7:06 pm
sequoia wrote:
I buy everything online. Stores are overwhelming for me even if there are no crowds or music blaring.

I don’t order from chinese or shady sites.

Same. I just hate hate hate shopping. worse than dishes, laundry and making dinner. I don't mind going to the mall, per se. But shopping is a big no no.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics