Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are michele watches still popular?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 10:30 am
I want to gift someone I know who's super into fashion and trends. She told me she can use a new watch. I am ready to spend between $800-$1000. I'm wondering if Michele is still the go to brand for watches or is there something newer on the market?

watergirl

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 10:33 am
I don't know where you live and where you are asking about. But I have one (got it this past summer actually, not one of the ones over $600 though) and where I live they are common in the frum and secular world. People have them. Look on Tiktok - it's still very popular. In the frum NY/NJ world - no idea. My kid's school had a sukkos event and since my watch was still relatively new, I was noticing everyone's Michele watches. There are so many styles, I have not seen anyone with the one I have. But even if I did, that's fine too.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 10:40 am
Still very in

Can also consider Movadob

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 10:43 am
amother OP wrote:
I want to gift someone I know who's super into fashion and trends. She told me she can use a new watch. I am ready to spend between $800-$1000. I'm wondering if Michele is still the go to brand for watches or is there something newer on the market?

If she is really super into fashion & trends than Michele might be an oldie for her
If you are willing to spend $1K you can get a designer watch with a satin band. Satin bands are very in

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 10:51 am
amother Denim wrote:
Still very in

Can also consider Movadob

Movado is considered on the cheaper end, not the same s as Michelle

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 10:52 am
I would prob get something from Tiffany’s, they have a few rings and bracelets in that range

fauxreal

Yes, still in. I live in NY.
I got gifted a stunning stainless steel/gold one last year. Other people I k ow have then as well.

amother
DarkRed

amother Magnolia wrote:
If she is really super into fashion & trends than Michele might be an oldie for her
If you are willing to spend $1K you can get a designer watch with a satin band. Satin bands are very in

What brands? I’m in the market too. Sorry OP

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 10:57 am
amother Magnolia wrote:

Yes, I know about satin bands and was considering adding it to the watch I end up buying. But I have no clue what brand is super hot now.

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 11:14 am
Honestly, I was just gifted with a watch by DH
We went together to some stores to choose but everyone was offering mostly Michele.
I consider myself fashionable & trendy. I do not go for the Michele look. I dont consider it feminine lol. Its not sleek iykwim
I saw gorgeous Longines watches with satin bands, but was out of my range (closer to $1300)
I settled for a Versace watch with a leather band, and hope to upgrade when we will IYH be able to afford it Smile

amother
DarkViolet

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 11:17 am
I got my Michele 12 years ago. I still wear it everyday and get lots of compliments. The one I have is still super popular. I think it was $1200 back then.

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 11:20 am
What’s a satin band? Can someone post a link?

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 11:35 am
I love my Michele watch. I purposely got a sportier one because that’s what I was looking for, but meanwhile my young teenage daughter and her friends have the same one. Oh well. I still like it.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 11:39 am
I’m looking for a watch … I want to get a Tiffany or Burberry if I won’t find one in my budget then I will probably settle on Ferragamo. At this point I feel like to many teens are wearing Michele. It’s not a statement piece anymore.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 11:41 am
Ladies please

If you’re spending so much money on a watch buy from a real watch brand, not a designer!

Tag Hauer
Cartier
Breitling
Longines
Omega
Tudor
Rolex if you have that much spare change

But op I hijacked your thread I’m sorry

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:04 pm
amother Denim wrote:
Ladies please

If you’re spending so much money on a watch buy from a real watch brand, not a designer!

Tag Hauer
Cartier
Breitling
Longines
Omega
Tudor
Rolex if you have that much spare change

But op I hijacked your thread I’m sorry

I'm not sure where this comes in here. Michele is a real watch brand, not a designer. Yes they are owned by Fossil but it was bought by them - they are a watch brand. Cartier is a designer, not a watch maker. They are a designer who makes watches in addition to their jewelry.

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:12 pm
Does the person like this kind of design?

For example, most of Michele watches are not the kind of watch I would like. To me, they don't look beautiful plus on some it's really hard to read the time.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:18 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
I'm not sure where this comes in here. Michele is a real watch brand, not a designer. Yes they are owned by Fossil but it was bought by them - they are a watch brand. Cartier is a designer, not a watch maker. They are a designer who makes watches in addition to their jewelry.

I was responding to the poster who was posting about ferragamo and burberry watches

Michele is indeed a good brand

Whatsnext

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:31 pm
I have many watches from various brands. I'd say go with Longines off you can afford. They're sleek and function well. I love that brand.

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Jan 25 2024, 12:35 pm
There’s also concord and Ebel who are now owned for by movado group. You can get watched is that price range in the outlet store.

Most important to note that all silver tone with black Roman numerals is very hot now.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics