Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Affordable pesach rental tristate area

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 8:51 am
We live in Israel and my elderly parents normally come for pesach.
This year, because of the war we would like to come to the states instead, but do not want to stay at there home - we want to host them, and id we are in there house they will hosty us, and it is to mnuch for them.

Tickets are expensive, so we need an affordable place, close to a shul with an eruv ( my father has a walker, and can only do short distances) and has minimal stairs, and a master on the ground floor.
My parents are in brooklyn, and we dont want to shlep them more then 2 hours by car
I looked at lakewood hosts and reserve kosher, but the prices are insane!

We will not fly in our marrieds so we only need a 3 bedroom, but the amenities for my parents are a must. We also need the place to be kashered before pesach as we can only leave work a few days before and will need to cook as soon as we land( we will probably buy a lot of pre-made food as well)

Our budget is up to 3,000$ for the 10 days of pesach - tickets are already $6,000+ $1,500 for a car....

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 9:05 am
Would you be open to doing a house swap? I have a big house in Jackson near a shul. We would love to go to EY for pesach without paying for accomodations!

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 9:16 am
I know of a rental with a bedroom on the first floor but there's no shower/ bath on the first floor.
Also the furnishing isn't as grand as the Lakewood host's rentals.
They originally want $4,500, but if this seems interesting to you, I can find out if they would give it out for $3,000 since it's a smaller family.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 12:38 pm
Amother Oak - we would be interested, but we are not in jerusalem, we are up north close to the area that is vulnerable from hezbolla (tzfat area)

My dd has offered her 2 bedroom apt in French hill for a house swap (she is going to her in-laws anyways) but I don't really think anyone who has a house that would work for us would be interested in it - its a small, non renovated two bedroom. We may be willing to add our car in to make a swap happen ( I need to look at what the insurance costs are)

We don't need fancy, Lakewood hosts looks gorgeous but is a way higher standard then we need. We do need the groundfloor bathroom with an easy access shower is non- negotiable.
Basically non-negotiable:
Few steps to/in the house (not a bi level)
Groundfloor master suite with a shower
ten minute walking distance to shul without to many steps
2-3 hours from flatbush

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jan 29 2024, 1:45 pm
Ok so a few things.. near tzfat is a bit out of where we would be looking to go. But would consider strongly if the following is something you would consider.

My house has just 2 small steps from outside into the house. It's not a bilevel. It's colonial style. We don't have a shower accessible on the main floor nor a bedroom but we can put 2 beds in my husband's office (it's big enough)

I guess this is not nogea if there's no shower accessible?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 4:55 am
amother Oak wrote:
Ok so a few things.. near tzfat is a bit out of where we would be looking to go. But would consider strongly if the following is something you would consider.

My house has just 2 small steps from outside into the house. It's not a bilevel. It's colonial style. We don't have a shower accessible on the main floor nor a bedroom but we can put 2 beds in my husband's office (it's big enough)

I guess this is not nogea if there's no shower accessible?

Yes, unfortunately a ground floor master is non-negotiable, my father can't do steps

BTW - if its something you want to do I would recommend advertising in jerusaguides or the RE neshei, there are a lot of families looking to house swap for Pesach

amother
Electricblue

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 7:11 am
My farther's house is available for Pesach it is a 3 bedroom ranch with all that you need.
We would not be able to kasher it for you but you can hire a company to do that.

shoshana2

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 7:12 am
It's in Jackson with Shul across the street.

amother
Electricblue

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 3:10 pm
Hi Im so sorry can you please tell me how to send you a private message?

amomanom

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 8:17 pm
amother Oak wrote:
Would you be open to doing a house swap? I have a big house in Jackson near a shul. We would love to go to EY for pesach without paying for accomodations!

Hi I am looking for a rental in JAckson. Can you let me know

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 8:25 pm
amomanom wrote:
Hi I am looking for a rental in JAckson. Can you let me know

Hey. Yes we're still interested if the accomodations make sense. Where are you located? How many bedrooms? I have 6 bedrooms

amomanom

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 8:29 pm
amother Oak wrote:
Hey. Yes we're still interested if the accomodations make sense. Where are you located? How many bedrooms? I have 6 bedrooms

I'm not interested in a swap. I want to just rent something. I need 14 beds in total and a decent amount of living space as we have a lot of adults

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Feb 13 2024, 8:43 pm
amomanom wrote:
I'm not interested in a swap. I want to just rent something. I need 14 beds in total and a decent amount of living space as we have a lot of adults

I have 9 beds and 3 blow up mattresses. A toddler bed and 3 cribs. Nogeia?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics