Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight Watchers - dairy free

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 11:43 am
Hey all!
So I'm losing nicely on WW. I'm nursing, which is great because so many points - but not so great because I just went off of dairy for my sensitive baby. Help!
Please recommend meals, snacks, foods that are low in points and dairy free.

Until now I was eating Cheerios and milk for breakfast. I replaced the milk in my coffee with oat milk but can't put it on cereal. I've started making banana pancakes (1 point) but need some easier options and more variety.

Lunch I usually have eggs and toast or salad so the only swap I need to make is Tofutti cream cheese instead of regular. I have dairy dinners a couple of times a week but will have to start finding pareve options (fish, falafel).

I'm really missing my post-workout snack of plain Greek yogurt with fruit and cinnamon. Zero points and filling and yummy. There don't seem to be any plain non-dairy yogurts on the market and all the flavored dairy-free ones I've found have a ton of points.

I don't love fish but will occasionally eat fried fish or tuna. Not a fan of beans and I think they bother the baby's stomach anyway. I know I can eat more chicken and turkey but I also know I'll get tired of them quickly...

Please help me out if you've done it!
TIA!

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 12:00 pm
Are you supposed to diet while breastfeeding?
Anyway!

If you go dairy free, you will get your proteins mostly from fish, meat and eggs.
Actually chicken breast (or turkey breasts) are very satiating for the amount of calories they have (about 100 cal per 100g). The same goes for white fish (100 cal per 100g), but salmon is not bad either (200cal per 100g). And the record breaker on the satiaty-index are boiled potatoes.

With white fish, the most important thing is to eat enough of it, say 300 g (3 fillets).

So you could have a nice diet with lots of veggies, which do not cost points, boiled potatoes and fish or chicken.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 12:07 pm
amother Seafoam wrote:
Are you supposed to diet while breastfeeding?
Anyway!

If you go dairy free, you will get your proteins mostly from fish, meat and eggs.
Actually chicken breast (or turkey breasts) are very satiating for the amount of calories they have (about 100 cal per 100g). The same goes for white fish (100 cal per 100g), but salmon is not bad either (200cal per 100g). And the record breaker on the satiaty-index are boiled potatoes.

With white fish, the most important thing is to eat enough of it, say 300 g (3 fillets).

So you could have a nice diet with lots of veggies, which do not cost points, boiled potatoes and fish or chicken.

Thanks! Yes WW has a setting for breastfeeding. I get 41 daily points (when not breastfeeding I think it's only 23) and 28 weeklies. It's plenty of food, I just need to allocate it properly, which I guess is the point.

Is there a difference between boiled and baked potatoes? I like them baked. Not crazy about fish but I think I'll have to start eating more of it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 7:06 am
Anyone else have good suggestions?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise