Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
How to get rid of stray cat pooping in my backyard

rd5081

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 1:24 pm
HELP! We keep finding poop on our backyard pavers and artificial grass... There is an empty lot diagonal from my lot so this may be bringing them to my fun and comfy backyard often... but I cant seem to get rid of them pooping on our grounds. We had this 2 summers ago as well and made sure to block their entrance with an additional post on our gate... but they still manage to make their way in... any tried and true ways to make them uncomfortable in our backyard? Weve tried a sensor with a spraying hose on them but thats not ideal now in the winter as the water from the hose can freeze... any other ideas? This is so annoying!!!

nu

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 1:41 pm
I’ve sprinkled black pepper over the backyard. They dont like that. There are other natural deterrents they dont like. Maybe orange peels. I forgot what else but you can try googling.

rd5081

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 1:43 pm
nu wrote:
I’ve sprinkled black pepper over the backyard. They dont like that. There are other natural deterrents they dont like. Maybe orange peels. I forgot what else but you can try googling.

ive done that in the past too in one area where they were leaving poop in the front of my house... but now theyre pooping ALL over my backyard... I would need a dozen bottles to have that distributed all over... and then who's cleaning that up?
Also I found that only helped for the time being...

eduardo

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 1:48 pm
Are you sure it’s cats? They typically bury it afterwards

If you know for sure it’s cats, I would try installing a dog bark alarm that is motion sensor and it will sound like dogs in your backyard, scaring the cats away

Living Princess

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 1:57 pm
Just had this! My neighbor's cat is always in my garden - especially while I'm at work. And a few weeks ago I started noticing an awful smell. When it's stops covering it's poop it means it's made your property it's "territory". I bought a spray - available at a hardware or pet store or maybe other places. You spray it around the perimeter and they hate the smell. I have never seen anything work so well B"H. I sprayed once and then again about a week later. Never seen the cat since the first spray and the spray doesn't smell bad at all.

rd5081

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 2:05 pm
Living Princess wrote:
Just had this! My neighbor's cat is always in my garden - especially while I'm at work. And a few weeks ago I started noticing an awful smell. When it's stops covering it's poop it means it's made your property it's "territory". I bought a spray - available at a hardware or pet store or maybe other places. You spray it around the perimeter and they hate the smell. I have never seen anything work so well B"H. I sprayed once and then again about a week later. Never seen the cat since the first spray and the spray doesn't smell bad at all.

Would you mind sharing the name or a photo of the spray?
The spray will last outdoors in the winter?

rd5081

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 2:06 pm
eduardo wrote:
Are you sure it’s cats? They typically bury it afterwards

If you know for sure it’s cats, I would try installing a dog bark alarm that is motion sensor and it will sound like dogs in your backyard, scaring the cats away

I check my cameras and I’ve spotted them a lot just strolling my backyard or sometimes enjoying the playground…. Ugh! They seem very comfortable by now. I’ve once spotted poop in the mulch of my garden that they tried burying but since then they just poop on my pavers and are fine with not burying it….

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 2:14 pm
If you're willing to go that far, you can actually purchase urine from predatory animals online. Applying some to the places where the cat goes can trick the cat into thinking there's a real threat.

Living Princess

Post Mon, Feb 05 2024, 2:19 pm
rd5081 wrote:
Would you mind sharing the name or a photo of the spray?
The spray will last outdoors in the winter?

Where do you live? Here's what's available on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Se.....ss_tl

The spray is actually made to train cats not to go on couches but it really works...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics