Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Does your family share toothpaste?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:19 pm
My teens refuse to use toothpaste that is left on the bathroom counter. They insist that it’s germs… it touched someone else’s toothbrush… They each want their own personal tube of toothpaste.
I definitely didn’t have that growing up.. gosh… in the olden days when I was really young we all used to share the same bathroom cup to rinse our mouths!!! (Eww!)
Is having your own toothpaste considered normal if you’re all living in the same house?

amother
Latte

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:23 pm
We have 3 toothpastes in the vanity that 5 people share. The toothpaste tube shouldn't be touching the toothbrush.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:25 pm
Funny story, I’m way more germaphobic than dh but also apparently messier in the sense that he will systematically push the toothpaste out and I won’t, resulting me having a messy tube. So we each have our own tube and it works out great Smile can’t blame someone when u have ur own tube of toothpaste! Lol
Kids share a few tubes of diff flavors bh Smile

amother
Slateblue

Everyone has their own it’s more sanitary, and it keeps them all happy. So worth it in my opinion. I buy a case.

effess

We share

happy7

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:27 pm
We share, but it’s not a big deal to get them their own. Label with their names and let them keep track.

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:30 pm
They don’t seem to care but we’re also the type of family who shares germs. I’m a huge germaphobe but not when it comes to my own family.

kenz

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:30 pm
My teens started wanting their own and although I grew up with 1 tube of toothpaste in the bathroom, I definitely understand the desire and it’s not really an extra expense, they’ll each have their own tube for far longer than a shared tube would last.

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:32 pm
We all like different kinds.

Dh - the sharpest mint in existence
Me - a whitening one
Ds - regular mint
Dd - blue mint
Other Dc - bubble gum flavored

fish

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:34 pm
Totally normal, all my kids have their own, I don't even share with my husband.

theoneandonly

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:35 pm
We share. I don't see what's wrong with it.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:36 pm
Gross, we all have separate tubes. When someone is sick, you don't want everyone to share.

bsy

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:37 pm
Everyone has their own but not for hygiene reasons. But I definitely hear it and have thought that it's a little gross

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 10:41 pm
We most def share . Me and my dh basically share toothbrushes too , I’m not sure y we can’t keep track whose is whose , I’m sure most ppl will find this gross but we don’t

Queen Of Hearts

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 11:23 pm
My kids share a strawberry flavored kids toothpaste and Dh and I share a tube. If we can french kiss we can share a tube of toothpaste.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 11:24 pm
My kids share
Ew, I need my own. Won't even share w DH

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 11:52 pm
We share. I can see the value of individual tubes, but we always shared and we all survived. Our bathroom sink isn't big enough to handle that kind of volume, in any case, and I hate, hate, hate the cluttery look of multiple toothpaste tubes. Especially when people are sloppy about how they squeeze them.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 11:58 pm
I have something like this. Each kid puts their toothpaste and toothbrush in a different section. I also got the roller things to put on each tube to keep it neater. https://www.amazon.com/Small-R.....rce=1

essie14

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 1:34 am
Dh and I have our own bathroom and we share.
My kids share the tube in their bathroom but if they wanted their own I wouldn't care. I grew up with 1 bathroom upstairs for the whole family and we all shared.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 2:52 am
My kids each like a certain type of toothpaste so basically they each have their own tube. DH has 3 tubes he likes to rotate or something like that. Like between senodyne and one that has charcoal in it and plain ones, don't ask but he's never had a cavity in his life.
I can use any white toothpaste I just have an aversion to gel like toothpastes.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics