Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Loooong voice notes
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:54 am
Venting here because I can’t vent to the actual person. Please stop sending 4 to 5 minute voice notes!!!!!!! Do you really think I have time to listen to you ramble until you finally get to your point. If I’m recording a voice note and it goes beyond one minute I delete it immediately. It’s so annoying it triggers something deep in me lol please tell me I’m not crazy

cupcake123

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:55 am
Double speed!

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:56 am
I agree
You can listen on very fast speed...
Or text "can't listen now, briefly text what you wanted"

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:56 am
I almost always listen on double speed, and that is how I communicate with a couple of very close friends. Our schedules are very different and we each leave very long messages to each other. And I have no problem getting a long message from somebody. Maybe WhatsApp is not the best form of communication for you.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:57 am
Guilty as charged TMI

amother
Junglegreen

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:57 am
I agree however different folks have different preferences & you're best off just letting them know.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:58 am
Even double speed is 2 minutes!! I just don’t have the time or patience

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 11:58 am
HATE HATE HATE!!

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 12:02 pm
How about skipping the voicenotes entirely!!! I hate voicenotes that could be texts.

Yes, voicenotes are sometimes appropriate and necessary. Please don't argue that point. Trust me, I'll realize when listening if it's something better expressed in a voice note.

But please don't send me a long voicenote because it's too much trouble for you to type it out. (Use voice to text if needed!) It's more trouble for me to listen to, and I find that rude.

Just a vent because I don't like to insult people in real life...

amother
OP

amother Pewter wrote:
I almost always listen on double speed, and that is how I communicate with a couple of very close friends. Our schedules are very different and we each leave very long messages to each other. And I have no problem getting a long message from somebody. Maybe WhatsApp is not the best form of communication for you.

That last part, What an odd thing to say say. It works for you and your close friends so it must work for everyone. There is literally one person I know who does this and is not a close friend.

amother
Blonde

That's exactly why I never ever voice note. I get stuck and start rambling.... I express myself much better when I write and it makes everyone's life much easier, no one needs to listen to me!

Cheiny

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 12:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
Venting here because I can’t vent to the actual person. Please stop sending 4 to 5 minute voice notes!!!!!!! Do you really think I have time to listen to you ramble until you finally get to your point. If I’m recording a voice note and it goes beyond one minute I delete it immediately. It’s so annoying it triggers something deep in me lol please tell me I’m not crazy

I find that annoying too unless it’s from a family member or close friend… I look at it as, if I’d gladly spend 5 minutes speaking to them on the phone, I can listen to them talk for 5 minutes as well. And I agree about playing it at 1.5 speed…

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 12:03 pm
And I would much rather listen to voice note, so I think somebody that really doesn’t like it needs to share that. I have a friend that doesn’t, and honestly I don’t communicate with her too much because it’s too hard for me to voice type clearly, and then she says what I don’t understand what you’re saying even when I try my best because it takes me just to type it out with my fingers on my phone. And someone else told me her audio doesn’t work, so obviously she doesn’t want the voice notes because I don’t believe it but I don’t really communicate with that person she’s alwa usually help her because it’s just too hard for me to always type out my response

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 12:04 pm
if I send a long voicenote because it's easier than typing that much, then I also send a quick text attached to it, like "it's not urgent" or "not super important"
Or if it's an answer to their question, I'll write, "no. longer explanation:" and then send the voicenote
I suppose if it was, then I could write "emergency"

ETA: my phone is incapable of voice to text in whatsapp

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 12:05 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
How about skipping the voicenotes entirely!!! I hate voicenotes that could be texts.

Yes, voicenotes are sometimes appropriate and necessary. Please don't argue that point. Trust me, I'll realize when listening if it's something better expressed in a voice note.

But please don't send me a long voicenote because it's too much trouble for you to type it out. (Use voice to text if needed!) It's more trouble for me to listen to, and I find that rude.

Just a vent because I don't like to insult people in real life...

That’s the thing it’s like inconsiderate, if you want to call and shmooze for 5 or 10 minutes that’s great. But don’t ask me to listen to you ramble on and on for 5 minutes. Maybe I have a low self esteem but I wouldn’t want to subject someone to me yapping for 5 minutes lol

amother
Sage

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 12:07 pm
I agree. I find it hard to respond because I don't always remember everything that was mentioned in the five minutes. Also, when it's something I need to go back to reference for myself, like prices etc then I find it really annoying to have to listen to the whole thing until I find the information I need. Whereas I can scan a text in two seconds.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 12:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
That’s the thing it’s like inconsiderate, if you want to call and shmooze for 5 or 10 minutes that’s great. But don’t ask me to listen to you ramble on and on for 5 minutes. Maybe I have a low self esteem but I wouldn’t want to subject someone to me yapping for 5 minutes lol

I find that long voicenotes usually have nothing to do with the topic on hand, it goes on and on and only the last 3 seconds are a cut off quick choppy version of what they want to tell you. I have zero patience to listen! I don't care for niceties in texts either, just tell me what you want and leave me in peace. I'll call you if I want to shmooze.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 12:09 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I find that annoying too unless it’s from a family member or close friend… I look at it as, if I’d gladly spend 5 minutes speaking to them on the phone, I can listen to them talk for 5 minutes as well. And I agree about playing it at 1.5 speed…

This person is family but has a habit of dominating a conversation talking a lot and not letting me get a word in edge wise so it annoys me even more. It’s usually to ask one question but will ramble on and on about everything going on in their life before getting to the question.

happyone

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 12:11 pm
Me too!!! I don't even listen to long voice notes. I do respond with I'm not in a place I can listen, kindly text.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 12:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
This person is family but has a habit of dominating a conversation talking a lot and not letting me get a word in edge wise so it annoys me even more. It’s usually to ask one question but will ramble on and on about everything going on in their life before getting to the question.

That sounds so annoying!

I only send voice notes when I have a very young baby. My hands are full, I don’t have patience or time to type and organize my thoughts.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette