Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Pekalach and Notes

bumpkin2

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 4:42 am
Hi there!

My oldest just turned 5 and we are planning on bringing in pekalach for the kindergarten class today. I'd love to let other parents know we'd be thrilled to have play dates with their sons. Would it be weird if we included a little note in each of the boys Pekalach bags? What would someone write? TYIA!

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 4:45 am
Is there a reason it needs to be together?
Why don't you just bring it up with other mothers when you see them?

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 5:03 am
Very weird. If you want to do a playdate call someone up and arrange a play date.

Happy birthday!

rkay

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 5:16 am
It would be more standard to just call/ text the moms to arrange. Happy Birthday!

amother
Apple

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 5:36 am
I would think that's strange if my kid brought home a pekela with such a note.
Get the class list and call specific mothers you want playdates with.

theoneandonly

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 5:41 am
When I didn't have a class list and wanted to make a playdate with a specific kid I gave ds a note with my phone number and a message saying we wanted a playdate and asked him to give it to the specific friend he wanted to play with. IDK if I would send home a note to the whole class.

bumpkin2

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 2:37 pm
Thank you, all, for the speedy replies. We ended up making pekala and printing my sons names on each one under a Mazel tov sticker but no note/s. None of my moms in my school are ever on campus (me included) so I asked the Morah for the class list. Now, need to learn playdate protocol. So much fun! keh

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, Jan 18 2024, 3:20 pm
bumpkin2 wrote:
Thank you, all, for the speedy replies. We ended up making pekala and printing my sons names on each one under a Mazel tov sticker but no note/s. None of my moms in my school are ever on campus (me included) so I asked the Morah for the class list. Now, need to learn playdate protocol. So much fun! keh

There's no protocol. It's not that complicated.

Just call a mom and invite her son. Then the two boys will play together. You can offer snacks or treats.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers