Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
S/o do you like voice notes?
1  2  3  Next

Do you like voice notes?
Love them  
 21%  [ 40 ]
Can’t stand them  
 51%  [ 94 ]
Don’t care  
 18%  [ 33 ]
Other  
 8%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 182

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 10:13 pm
Do you like voice notes? Find them convenient and easy to use?

Can’t stand them and wish they were un-invented? Would sign a petition to abolish them?

Don’t really care either way?

mfb

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 10:15 pm
I never send any but I have no problem listening to them

hotpretzel

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 10:20 pm
I don't use it often but I voted love them
Because its so easy to quickly voicenote my reply if im busy instead of typing out a reply

I believe voicenote should be short like under 1 minute. Not long one sided conversation

Simple1

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 10:27 pm
I won’t send. I don’t mind receiving, but you have to understand that it may take longer till I get a chance to listen. A text can be discreetly read when you’re out in public which is not the case for a voice note. What I like about the voice note is that it has expression and tone that a text lacks.

jkl

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 10:30 pm
Simple1 wrote:
I won’t send. I don’t mind receiving, but you have to understand that it may take longer till I get a chance to listen. A text can be discreetly read when you’re out in public which is not the case for a voice note. What I like about the voice note is that it has expression and tone that a text lacks.

This. If you send me a voice note while I'm working, I won't be able to listen till later. But I can read a text and send a quick reply.

Text are also shorter and quicker. I strongly prefer them.

Simple1

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 10:33 pm
I would prefer text for concrete information such as professional inquiries or times and dates etc. Also I think a long voice note would be annoying. Any that I’ve gotten were short and to the point.

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 10:37 pm
Don’t like them
Tooooo time consuming

amother
Tulip

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 10:37 pm
All these posts about voice note… what is it?

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 10:40 pm
amother Tulip wrote:
All these posts about voice note… what is it?

On the app Whatsapp that is a platform for glorified international texting you can send a recording of yourself speaking instead of a text.

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 10:40 pm
I like them. So much quicker than texting.
They are annoying if it's info that I have to refer back to later.

shira143

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 10:48 pm
It realllyyy depends. Quick voice notes are fine. But sometimes my friend regularly sends me 3min + voice notes and I don’t have the time to listen nor provide a thought out response all the time.

BH Yom Yom

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 10:53 pm
Hate them, especially when they are long and drawn-out with “umm” and “so, like…”

Goody2shoes

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 10:54 pm
It's so much harder to find any info that I need in a voice note, it gets stuck between all the extras that are said.
I usually ask for texts back when I ask a question.

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:10 pm
No. They are annoying. Please just text me or if you need to talk to me, call me.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:14 pm
Just want to add.

You can click play and put the phone right to your ear and magically the voicenote will be heard in your ear only.

Much like a phone call.
Much less time.

And for those who were wondering why their voicenote stops at random times. It’s cuz you’re blocking the camera, so it goes off speaker:)

amother
Lotus

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:35 pm
amother Bronze wrote:
Just want to add.

You can click play and put the phone right to your ear and magically the voicenote will be heard in your ear only.

Much like a phone call.
Much less time.

And for those who were wondering why their voicenote stops at random times. It’s cuz you’re blocking the camera, so it goes off speaker:)

Anytime I try that the voice note stops playing. I don’t think there’s a way for me to hold it up to my ear without blocking the camera with part of my head. What

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:40 pm
I can't stand voice notes. I can read faster than you can talk so you sending me a voice note wastes my time.
DH loves voice notes. He will routinely leave ppl five minute+ voice notes and tell them to "listen to his podcast when they get around to it." He's learned not to leave me such long ones at least...

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 11:57 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
Anytime I try that the voice note stops playing. I don’t think there’s a way for me to hold it up to my ear without blocking the camera with part of my head. What

Xactley what needs to happen.

Phones default is that when selfie camera is covered while playing a voicenote it should go off speaker.

When you put it to your ear (like a regular call) the camera gets covered then speaker turns off then will play like reg call in ur ears only.

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:01 am
amother Bronze wrote:
Xactley what needs to happen.

Phones default is that when selfie camera is covered while playing a voicenote it should go off speaker.

When you put it to your ear (like a regular call) the camera gets covered then speaker turns off then will play like reg call in ur ears only.

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. It just stops abruptly in the middle of the voice note when I try to get it off speaker by holding it up to my ear.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:09 am
amother Lotus wrote:
I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. It just stops abruptly in the middle of the voice note when I try to get it off speaker by holding it up to my ear.

Are you holdin it up to ur ear? Like a regular phone call? 🤙

We might’ve forgotten what that means thanx to AirPods. Honestly though what a blessing
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette