Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Do dark people's skin have a yellow undertone?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 12:20 pm
I was by the Dr with myself today. I had my toddler with me. Dr made a comment in the kid "she looks green". I didn't ask questions then but now that I am home I'm kind of freaking out. Kid happens to have the flu. Her eyes are stark white. Somehow this is the kids general color all the time or so I thought. I'm starting to doubt now that the Dr made this comment. Kid is very dark. Always was.

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 12:37 pm
They can have either yellow or red undertone just like everyone else.

Can look at their veins on their wrist and determine which undertone they have (google will tell you which color means which undertone)

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 12:40 pm
If your child is Caucasian she’s not what most consider ‘dark’, but she most certainly may have olive undertones

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 12:43 pm
amother Tan wrote:
If your child is Caucasian she’s not what most consider ‘dark’, but she most certainly may have olive undertones

Child is chasidish. Many of Dh's siblings are very dark. They always look like they just came home from Florida. So does my toddler.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 12:48 pm
Interestingly enough in the rooms I have yellow lighting she looks more yellow, in the rooms with white lighting she looks less. Don't know if it matters. My question is really do I have to run to the dr thinking she's yellow or not? I would assume if she's sickly yellow ch"v her eyes would be yellow too.
I don't want the Dr to start thinking that this mother maybe needs a Dr-a psychiatrist LOL

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 12:51 pm
3 of my kids have dark skin but only 1 has yellow undertones. At his Bris which was on time a few people commented that he looked yellow. Over the next few weeks I got a lot of comments about his yellow color so I took him to get tested and he was totally fine. He's 12 now and still has very yellow undertones. When he's not feeling well sometimes the doctor will comment about his color and I wonder because I think he always looks the same.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 12:54 pm
amother DarkKhaki wrote:
3 of my kids have dark skin but only 1 has yellow undertones. At his Bris which was on time a few people commented that he looked yellow. Over the next few weeks I got a lot of comments about his yellow color so I took him to get tested and he was totally fine. He's 12 now and still has very yellow undertones. When he's not feeling well sometimes the doctor will comment about his color and I wonder because I think he always looks the same.

Thank you. Thank you so much. Now I know not to loose sleep over it. This is exactly the situation. To me she always looks the same. I know her skin looks yellow. But my thinking is it's always like this. This kid is not often sick. The Dr really doesn't see her often.

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, Feb 12 2024, 1:02 pm
Check thyroid function
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics