Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Wart removal

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 1:00 am
I would like to try the medical route for wart removal. Located in Jerusalem and on Maccabi. Would love to get some advice here.

My first question is what type of doctor I need (dermatologist? What is that called here) and whether I need a hafnaya. If anyone has a doctor to reccomend on maccabi, even better. I also don't know how to find out whether this treatment is covered. I'm sure there's a list somewhere on their website but the english website is not that great and the hebrew one a bit confusing for me.

Lastly if there are different types of treatments that people have had better/worse experiences with, happy to hear about that (I put this in the main board because that is not an israel-specific question). The warts I want to remove are on my fingers. Also, are these treatments allowed in pregnancy?

Thanks to anyone who can help. I am way past ready to take care of this but just don't know where to start.

essie14

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 1:02 am
Dermatologist is רופא עור
You do not need a hafnaya.
Wart removal is usually just freezing it off. I can't see why this would be a problem during pregnancy.
The procedure is covered.

Reality

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 1:06 am
When one of my kids had warts, their pediatrician prescribed a medication to apply every night. It really worked and made the warts shrink and fall off.

lovecouches

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 3:10 am
It could be that the kupa doesn't pay for wart removal.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 3:14 am
Their is a pharmacy on beit hadfus (Dr. Grossman) that sells a salycylic acid mix that’s used for warts.(it has been a while since I left so call first-don’t rely on my memory).

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 4:21 am
Thank you all. I have tried a bunch of at home remedies already, am ready for something else.

Lovescouches and essie14 - do you have personal experience that it was or wasn't covered? Two different answers so just trying to clarify. Thanks so much.

lovecouches

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 4:29 am
The medication is covered. If it'd considered cosmetic then it's not covered and I'm not sure about warts

Colorpop

Post Thu, Feb 15 2024, 5:58 am
Going to sound crazy but I’ve heard that havdala wine gets rid of warts.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions