Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
S/o Sinai

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 3:47 am
Looking for a good school for my very HFA and ADHD diagnosed daughter. Currently in 2nd. Medicated. Surviving now in mainstream class but I can definitely see the gap between her and her classmates growing year by year. Especially socially.

Academically she is fine, but has trouble socially and with the soft skills like handwriting and organization.

We are open to move but prefer not NY or NJ... we are OOTners at heart. But open to suggestions. We want her to feel understood and accepted and helped!!

nicole81

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 8:49 am
What grade is she in? My dd did amazingly at YESS in queens (now a Sinai school) and ptach at Central and is currently in college.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 9:53 am
Currently in 2nd.

I think Sinai is for higher needs than my daughter. She is getting excellent grades in school. She has no learning issues (even the ADHD is not an issue at school due to meds).
We got her tested and her academic evaluations (by the Educational Psychologist) were almost all in at least above average if not superior ranges.
Socially she struggles. Just doesn't get social cues, what's appropriate for her age, says whatever is on her mind... and the organizational skills, the neatness, the handwriting etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics