Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Sinai Schools

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 9:08 pm
If your child got accepted to the Sinai program, but the lawyer who got matched up with you to fight the BOE to cover tuition determines there's no case, what are the options? Public school is not an option and neither is paying full tuition. Any mainstream high schools (not in Brooklyn) that can tolerate high functioning ASD, ADHD (medicated), have small classes? No diagnosed learning disability, but needs lower level tracked class. Living in NJ if that makes a difference.

BatyaEsther

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 9:12 pm
I would start by going back to Sinai and telling them the lawyer said no case. Do they recommend a different lawyer? Do they have any ideas for you? Speak with them first.

Wishing you mazel and success in finding (and paying for) the right school and much nachas from your child.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 9:15 pm
Of course we are in touch with Sinai, but I'm looking for people who might have been in a similar situation. Asking for another lawyer is an interesting idea. Thanks!

teachkids

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 9:40 pm
Where in NJ? North or south? Boy or girl?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 9:43 pm
North/boy

amother
Thistle

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 9:51 pm
Inzelbuch is a great lawyer. Reach out to him

teachkids

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 9:59 pm
Mta may have the support he needs.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:02 pm
Regular MTA or their Ptach program? Ptach isn't a good fit

CPenzias

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
If your child got accepted to the Sinai program, but the lawyer who got matched up with you to fight the BOE to cover tuition determines there's no case, what are the options? Public school is not an option and neither is paying full tuition. Any mainstream high schools (not in Brooklyn) that can tolerate high functioning ASD, ADHD (medicated), have small classes? No diagnosed learning disability, but needs lower level tracked class. Living in NJ if that makes a difference.

Has he ever gone to public school?
Because from the perspective of the BOE, if you think he needs special education services they're going to want to do their testing to determine if you're correct and they're also going to want to be given the opportunity to give your son FAPE.
I'm speaking as a Sinai mom and a special education teacher (I work for NYC) My son is in 12th and started Sinai in 6th.
Feel free to ask questions here or pm me 😀

CPenzias

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:07 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
Inzelbuch is a great lawyer. Reach out to him

He is really good. He's the lawyer we used initially but be prepared to feel anxious when speaking to him. He's very curt and short. Doesn't want any explanations for anything. Will interrupt and say "Mrs. Xx yes or no"
I got off the phone literally shaking so many times after speaking with him.

nicole81

Post Sat, Feb 17 2024, 10:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
Regular MTA or their Ptach program? Ptach isn't a good fit

Regular mta has 5 tracks.

amother
Midnight

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 12:08 am
amother OP wrote:

Are you looking for only programs in NJ or NY or are you looking into high school yeshivas in other places? If there are no learning disabilities involved, are you exploring mainstream yeshivas (outside of the NJ/NY or even East Coast area) that may have options for the ADHD, etc. you describe? Feel free to private message me (you can get the info. to do so from Yael), I may have some suggestions if you are interested in places out-of-state. Also, when you say paying full tuition is not an option, I assume you are referring to special-ed specific (ie Sinai program) costs vs (as another poster suggested) MTA (ie mainstream yeshiva tuition), the prices do differ, but there are still costs.

Good luck in your searching.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics