Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Attention people who have 48 inch beds

Orangehead

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 10:59 am
Did you ever buy full linen for your beds? are you happy? does it look messy? did you alter it to fit the bed better?
TIA

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 11:06 am
The sheets are messy. Doable if you're not fussy.
I have taken in sheets but not full size to 48". At the Jewish linen store that knows linen, they redid twin 39" sheets to 33" for junior beds.
I don't know if I'd do it at a regular dressmaker. Ask them.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 11:09 am
The only thing that will look messy are the sheets. You can buy them at any local Jewish linen shop.

6000miles

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 12:05 pm
No I only get linen in Jewish stores that sell for this size bed.
Once got in IKEA and I needed to use clips so it should stay on but it was terrible.

jflower

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 12:07 pm
I use sheet garters on 54 inch sheets. Works great.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Feb 18 2024, 12:46 pm
Orangehead wrote:
Did you ever buy full linen for your beds? are you happy? does it look messy? did you alter it to fit the bed better?
TIA
I use full sheets on 44 inch beds. looks very good. Not perfect but really looks nice and normal. Sheets are much more expensive in yiddish stores so I bought full size online.
personally, it's much easier to put on the sheets if it's a drop bigger. And when the beds are made, the duvet hangs down so you really don't even see the sheets.

TCFrenk

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 8:38 pm
I used full size duvet covers and pillow cases from Amazon. I bought sheets locally.

amother
Offwhite

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 8:49 pm
I use full size on 48", looks just fine. Sheets are not messy at all. Looks pretty much same as my 48" linen actually

amother
Snow

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 10:05 pm
I buy any size linen set if I like the color, and than I use jersey cotton fitted sheets from Amazon. Very convenient..

Orangehead

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 10:10 pm
amother Snow wrote:
I buy any size linen set if I like the color, and than I use jersey cotton fitted sheets from Amazon. Very convenient..

What size?
Can you link to it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry