Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Family vacation in Montreal--advice

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 8:24 am
We're thinking about going to Montreal with 2 teens this summer.
I'm looking for guidance on a few things:

1. If we stay more in the Jewish area to make minyan/food easier, is it difficult to get into downtown for attractions and touring? Would we be able to take uber or public transportation, or best to plan to drive and park each day?

2. How far is Mont Tremblant, and does it make sense to split our stay between city/Mont Tremblant?

3. Do the kosher restaurants deliver downtown via UberEats, DoorDash?

4. Any general Montreal vacation advice?

Thank you!

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 10:58 am
amother OP wrote:
We're thinking about going to Montreal with 2 teens this summer.
I'm looking for guidance on a few things:

1. If we stay more in the Jewish area to make minyan/food easier, is it difficult to get into downtown for attractions and touring? Would we be able to take uber or public transportation, or best to plan to drive and park each day?

2. How far is Mont Tremblant, and does it make sense to split our stay between city/Mont Tremblant?

3. Do the kosher restaurants deliver downtown via UberEats, DoorDash?

4. Any general Montreal vacation advice?

Thank you!

Everything in Montreal is fairly close. Public transportation is easy to navigate, I’d personally recommend that.

Mont tremblant is about 1 to 1 and a half hours from Montreal.

Some restaurants do deliver via Uber eats there might be another delivery app option but I don’t remember anything about it, if so.

Advice: don’t be shy to greet strangers, because they’ll greet you. Be polite. Dress warm, get/borrow snow pants if you’re going snow tubing. Get food from Cheskys bakery - especially their cheese crowns. People are friendly

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 11:54 am
amother Oatmeal wrote:
Everything in Montreal is fairly close. Public transportation is easy to navigate, I’d personally recommend that.

Mont tremblant is about 1 to 1 and a half hours from Montreal.

Some restaurants do deliver via Uber eats there might be another delivery app option but I don’t remember anything about it, if so.

Advice: don’t be shy to greet strangers, because they’ll greet you. Be polite. Dress warm, get/borrow snow pants if you’re going snow tubing. Get food from Cheskys bakery - especially their cheese crowns. People are friendly

Thanks. You sound like a native! Do you have recommendations for postal codes or neighborhood names I might want to look for when looking at AirBnB or hotels? I can figure out the downtown area, but looking for info that might help me find something in a frum neighborhood.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Feb 21 2024, 12:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. You sound like a native! Do you have recommendations for postal codes or neighborhood names I might want to look for when looking at AirBnB or hotels? I can figure out the downtown area, but looking for info that might help me find something in a frum neighborhood.

I used to live there and went back recently. We stayed here Check out Lofts du Parc LaHaie on Booking.com! https://www.booking.com/Share-cMjf6Q
It was within 25 minutes driving distance of everything. We had a car so I don’t know how far it is from the train station.
Put outremont into your airbnb search. It’s most central
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics