Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Who said you MUST spend a lot?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:34 pm
I see my thread was reported. If mods don't approve, I'm totally ok with you removing it. I was just trying to be helpful... Sorry if this thread bothered anyone.

I'm a regular BP lady, friends with the "in" people, send to a school with "in" people and my kids look just as "in"...

The difference: I shopped on an Ali site and spent $450 total for 3 kids wardrobes
If I would've bought the same stuff in the "in" stores, this would've cost $2,000....

These are pictures of their wardrobe for reference...
Just putting it out there...

amother
RosePink

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:38 pm
Did it come yet? These stuff are junk.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:39 pm
I know more people like you then those who spend big bucks.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:45 pm
Most items are presale, but some stuff did arrive:). Same quality as the stores.... I used to only buy local...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:46 pm
amother Amber wrote:
I know more people like you then those who spend big bucks.

I'm so happy to hear. I wish it would become more accepted...

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:56 pm
I would really appreciate if you can show pictures of the actual items.
Most of the things I ordered from ali were off with the sizing or terrible copies and I just wasted money.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:57 pm
Is this an ad? Do you run that page? It reads like an ad.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:59 pm
amother OP wrote:
Most items are presale, but some stuff did arrive:). Same quality as the stores.... I used to only buy local...

That’s very misleading. Ali stuff is not the same as the local stores. The sizing is weird and the quality is junky. It’s totally fine to buy it and wear it, but it’s misleading to pretend it’s the same. I haven’t been happy with anything I got on ali.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 4:59 pm
how do you know what size to get?
years ago when I ordered on ali the sizes were soooo off it was ridiculous. not worth it for me.
and I wait for sales at the local stores. the prices go down before you actually need the clothes. it's pretty comical but works for me.

mizle10

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:04 pm
You can also just by local non designer...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:09 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
Is this an ad? Do you run that page? It reads like an ad.

I apologize for that. I took off the name of the site. I thought it would be helpful...

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:10 pm
Is it me or is what actually make kids look in style bot about what the t shirt is but the rest of them (perfect hair accessories and shoes). Like one person could put these clothes on their kids with Walmart shoes and messy hair and they'll look very out of place in your circles. Another person could only shop in H and M and Zara but buy frum looking shoes and hair accessories and they'll fit right in.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:12 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
Did it come yet? These stuff are junk.

They’re the same as the originals I have them already

amother
NeonBlue

amother Dodgerblue wrote:
Is it me or is what actually make kids look in style bot about what the t shirt is but the rest of them (perfect hair accessories and shoes). Like one person could put these clothes on their kids with Walmart shoes and messy hair and they'll look very out of place in your circles. Another person could only shop in H and M and Zara but buy frum looking shoes and hair accessories and they'll fit right on.

I shop for dd at H&M and Zara and she looks adorable. I prefer classy cute girly looks. Nothing coordinating to a boy. I like florals, cherries, pinks, crisp whites.

amother
OP

amother Hydrangea wrote:
how do you know what size to get?
years ago when I ordered on ali the sizes were soooo off it was ridiculous. not worth it for me.
and I wait for sales at the local stores. the prices go down before you actually need the clothes. it's pretty comical but works for me.

I used to buy locally, so I know the sizes of these brands by now... So far the Wynken arrived. I sized down. My baby's is big on him, because he's 6 months old and I ordered the 12 month, but my daughters' sweaters fit...
The rest didn't arrive yet... Time will tell. I did it the past 2 seasons and was happy with the fit.
I would totally wait for the prices to go down, but do you usually find "matching" in stock at that point?

giftedmom

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm so happy to hear. I wish it would become more accepted...

It’s so accepted that people usually assume kids are wearing knockoffs. And I’m talking about wealthy circles.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:14 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
That’s very misleading. Ali stuff is not the same as the local stores. The sizing is weird and the quality is junky. It’s totally fine to buy it and wear it, but it’s misleading to pretend it’s the same. I haven’t been happy with anything I got on ali.

I guess it was my luck that the quality was ok... Not terrible, not great- same as when I used to buy locally... I don't know if it's the same or not, but my kids look just as "in" and I'm happier spending $450 than $2k per season... I prefer to spend my $ elsewhere...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:15 pm
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
Is it me or is what actually make kids look in style bot about what the t shirt is but the rest of them (perfect hair accessories and shoes). Like one person could put these clothes on their kids with Walmart shoes and messy hair and they'll look very out of place in your circles. Another person could only shop in H and M and Zara but buy frum looking shoes and hair accessories and they'll fit right on.

100%
This is easier for me though, because I have a hard time finding coordinates in HM and Zara... It's almost a "must" for me that my kids match... Don't shoot me Hiding

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
100%
This is easier for me though, because I have a hard time finding coordinates in HM and Zara... It's almost a "must" for me that my kids match... Don't shoot me Hiding

No one will shoot you

I personally don’t think it’s cute for boys and girls to match

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 5:20 pm
It’s a gamble. Many times the sizing is off and you’re stuck with $100 of merchandise that you can’t return. I’ve been too burned that I just stopped buying from Ali.

And no, I don’t spend 2k because I don’t buy the original names. I buy adorable, quality clothing that I often see scoffed at on this site 🤷‍♀️. But I like how my kids look and if I can pay my bills, I’m fine with it. And so is dh when he sees how put together they look.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics