Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Who said you MUST spend a lot?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Heather

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:22 pm
The Jewish ali brands are great... I've only had good experiences. They aren't even knockoffs because most of the other "local" brands get their stuff from... CHINA they just raise the prices on you..
So it's a little silly to think ur getting better items just because u happen to buy it in a frum store.

The designer knockoffs are hit or miss.. I've gotten some that were amazing and perfect quality and some meh

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:24 pm
amother Heather wrote:
The Jewish ali brands are great... I've only had good experiences. They aren't even knockoffs because most of the other "local" brands get their stuff from... CHINA they just raise the prices on you..
So it's a little silly to think ur getting better items just because u happen to buy it in a frum store.

The designer knockoffs are hit or miss.. I've gotten some that were amazing and perfect quality and some meh

That I’ll agree with. The Ali sites (my only experience has been with Alispecials) that make their own line I’ve had good experience with. But I don’t always love what they bring in..

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:28 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
Is this an ad? Do you run that page? It reads like an ad.

its a weekly thing lately. most of the shopping threads are probably all the same person trying to promote her website.
I also remember that she even discussed the website on here before she opened it...

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:29 pm
To be honest, I would rather dress my kids in Target and H&M than knock off designer stuff from Ali. It’s unethical and sad that people feel their kids need to be wearing Bebe Organic and Bobo Choses so desperately that they’ll buy fakes.

I spend a lot on quality clothes I love for my kids but I’m just as happy getting a pretty 25$ H&M dress. I would never buy knock offs and I think it’s terrible that it’s become the norm in certain communities- and that there are websites devoted to it.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
Most items are presale, but some stuff did arrive:). Same quality as the stores.... I used to only buy local...

This is not true. I wasted too much money on junk from Ali that people promised that it's "the same quality and fit as the stores." This is far from the truth. Now I only shop from jewish owned brands on Ali, like Ali favorites... they make their own stuff.
I personally can spot from far kids wearing Ali knock-off's.
Clothing from H&M, Zara, Verdbaudet, Gap.... look much nicer & are of way better quality than Ali clothing. And they're often cheaper than Ali.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:34 pm
amother Heather wrote:

Some frum Ali brands are decent quality, but not everything. It's hit or miss.
I got robes from alispecials, and they're junk. On the other hand, their coats are really holding up well.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:35 pm
amother Heather wrote:

Depends where you shop and if you know what you are buying. Some basement stores sell the same stuff as Ali for more money. Most Jewish stores are selling famous companies not junk like Ali.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:38 pm
You don’t have to spend a lot. But I think Zara looks nicer than Ali knockoffs. Also $450 on Ali is a lot. For that price I can get lower end Jewish things too. Back in the day when Ali was less than $5 a piece I understood the appeal. But now in the $20-$30 range it doesn’t make sense. And it’s not regular sized, Chinese sizes are totally different.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
I guess it was my luck that the quality was ok... Not terrible, not great- same as when I used to buy locally... I don't know if it's the same or not, but my kids look just as "in" and I'm happier spending $450 than $2k per season... I prefer to spend my $ elsewhere...

The original brands are of great quality and still look beautiful at the end of the season & can be passed to the next child or given away. The Ali knockoffs are definitely not the same quality as the original. They also don't wash so well as the original.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:47 pm
Wow so many haters! I've been dressing my kids in these "low quality junky weird size ali knockoffs" for the past few seasons. Yes, there were a few flukes here and there but they will usually credit you back if you provide photos. And if not, it's a $20 loss max. Most of the stuff I got was great quality and can be handed down to younger siblings. Even if OP is the owner of one such site, I'm super grateful to her for helping me dress my kids well on a budget.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:49 pm
Whenever I shopped ali I ended up wasting money (even the ali Jewish sites).
Each things runs differently there isn’t one size chart for all ali things. You can’t learn how ali runs.

There was a time I baught shabbos shoes for my kids from ali. So many sizes didn’t fit it would have been the same price had I baught them locally and the quality would have been a lot better.

It’s similar to other sites like shein, temu, Pat Pat. You can get 5 different shirts size 3T and each one will be drastically different sized.
Temu, shein and Pat Pat do returns so it’s not such a waste of money as it is time but I return usually 3/4 items ordered from those sites.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:50 pm
To save money buy Zara, H&M, gap, target and Walmart.
Shipping is free and it comes within the week and you can learn their sizing.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 8:54 pm
I just ordered some really cute tops at target for my kid and preteen girls, kid son and toddler girl.
@ $5-$15 a top/pants/legging.
I love it becuase it's super easy to return if I don't like it or they say to keep it and I just give it away to my neighbor or sisters kids ...
H&m. Next, vertbaudet, easy peasy from Walmart. Or other stuff from Walmart marketplace.
I got a STUNNING shabbos chunky knit cable top for my son for this winter for $30 from Walmart marketplace. 100% cotton. It washed like a dream! Never had a top with white and other colors that washed so well.
There are so many places to buy budget friendly clothing without looking shlumpy.

My kids always look very put together.
And yes, sometimes I need to fix a tiny seam here or there to make it fit just so. But I've had to do that for $120 dresses too.
(Yes when I can't find what I need, I don't drive myself crazy looking too much and just take my kid to the local heimish stores and shop whatever it is that I need.)

amother
Snow

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 9:05 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
I just ordered some really cute tops at target for my kid and preteen girls, kid son and toddler girl.
@ $5-$15 a top/pants/legging.
I love it becuase it's super easy to return if I don't like it or they say to keep it and I just give it away to my neighbor or sisters kids ...
H&m. Next, vertbaudet, easy peasy from Walmart. Or other stuff from Walmart marketplace.
I got a STUNNING shabbos chunky knit cable top for my son for this winter for $30 from Walmart marketplace. 100% cotton. It washed like a dream! Never had a top with white and other colors that washed so well.
There are so many places to buy budget friendly clothing without looking shlumpy.

My kids always look very put together.
And yes, sometimes I need to fix a tiny seam here or there to make it fit just so. But I've had to do that for $120 dresses too.
(Yes when I can't find what I need, I don't drive myself crazy looking too much and just take my kid to the local heimish stores and shop whatever it is that I need.)

Can you link the target stuff for preteen?

FWIW we just made a huge order from kidichic clearance spent no more than $10 an item. And yes my kid will be wearing last season Surprised

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 9:08 pm
amother Bronze wrote:
Wow so many haters! I've been dressing my kids in these "low quality junky weird size ali knockoffs" for the past few seasons. Yes, there were a few flukes here and there but they will usually credit you back if you provide photos. And if not, it's a $20 loss max. Most of the stuff I got was great quality and can be handed down to younger siblings. Even if OP is the owner of one such site, I'm super grateful to her for helping me dress my kids well on a budget.

Sharing our experience, doesn't mean "haters". You seem to be taking this personally. I assure you, it's nothing personal against you or anyone.

Tova

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 9:56 pm
amother Snow wrote:
Can you link the target stuff for preteen?

FWIW we just made a huge order from kidichic clearance spent no more than $10 an item. And yes my kid will be wearing last season Surprised

Same but Tottini. Got adorable spring/summer weekday dresses, tops and skirts for $6-7 an item (everything under $8 even the dresses). I paid $4-5 in shipping since we spent less than the free shipping minimum ($100+ is free shipping) and we had it in 24 hours literally. She tried everything on and looks adorable in everything kn"h. From experience, sizing in this brand is spot on (and all measurements for each item is on site) and items wash beautifully.

amother
Snow

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:00 pm
Tova wrote:
Same but Tottini. Got adorable spring/summer weekday dresses, tops and skirts for $6-7 an item (everything under $8 even the dresses). I paid $4-5 in shipping since we spent less than the free shipping minimum ($100+ is free shipping) and we had it in 24 hours literally. She tried everything on and looks adorable in everything kn"h. From experience, sizing in this brand is spot on (and all measurements for each item is on site) and items wash beautifully.

We checked Tottini they didn’t have anything in my kids sizes. Not even one thing that they liked (they’re not so picky). I refuse to buy Tottini full price.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:15 pm
Why was the post reported?

amother
Magnolia

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:24 pm
Does no one else care that it's very unethical to buy copies of clothes whos designs were ripped off of even current designer items?

amother
Bergamot

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:34 pm
I do the same thing. And I anlso order from h and m and Zara. And I order designer outfits from last season farfetch, gilt or cettire.
A poster said to buy non designer in boro park, the Jewish companies actually cost as much as designer. They sell weekday dresses for $80….
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics