Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Who said you MUST spend a lot?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Chicory

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:38 pm
I tried ordering on ali but most of the things I want say this item is no longer available... I can select the item and size but just not add it to cart or buy.
Anyone know why?

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:39 pm
I don’t dress my kids in style. I buy from carters/children’s place/ target/ Walmart for five dollars a shirt and max seven for pants.
My kids are younger than five so it’s easier now.

amother
Bergamot

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:40 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
I tried ordering on ali but most of the things I want say this item is no longer available... I can select the item and size but just not add it to cart or buy.
Anyone know why?

Yes they removed them from the website. Seems like they were caught…
They usually put them back in a couple weeks later

amother
Cinnamon

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 10:57 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Does no one else care that it's very unethical to buy copies of clothes whos designs were ripped off of even current designer items?

Yes, my husband told me specifically not to buy these brands that take the designers’ current season patterns and make exact copies with the tags and all. And I feel even more badly that I’m hesitant to buy my daughter an actual wynken dress that we both like from a frum store because I don’t want people thinking that I bought the knock off from Ali. So that’s indirectly making the real brand lose out even more….

giftedmom

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 11:25 pm
Eh, I don’t feel sorry for theses worldwide designer brands. No problem buying knockoffs. I do get mad when I see Frum brands being copied, not just in clothes.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 11:53 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
its a weekly thing lately. most of the shopping threads are probably all the same person trying to promote her website.
I also remember that she even discussed the website on here before she opened it...

I do most of my shopping on this website and there might be other people who shop here too. Am I entitled to talk about the site I shop on? I took off the name of the site I ordered these from, so nobody has to know where its from... (I actually love shopping and always link items from various different websites such as buttonsbebe, luibelle, pastel, etc. on Imamother)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 11:55 pm
amother DarkMagenta wrote:
The original brands are of great quality and still look beautiful at the end of the season & can be passed to the next child or given away. The Ali knockoffs are definitely not the same quality as the original. They also don't wash so well as the original.

I used to buy local and I don't see much of a difference... I guess the past few seasons were my luck... Time will tell I guess.

amother
Snow

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 11:56 pm
amother Brass wrote:
I don’t dress my kids in style. I buy from carters/children’s place/ target/ Walmart for five dollars a shirt and max seven for pants.
My kids are younger than five so it’s easier now.

I dress my kids in style and often get from Tottini and kidichic for that price

amother
Snow

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 11:57 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
Yes they removed them from the website. Seems like they were caught…
They usually put them back in a couple weeks later

No that’s not why they’re not available. They’re not available because they sell out quickly

amother
Snow

Post Thu, Feb 22 2024, 11:58 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
Yes, my husband told me specifically not to buy these brands that take the designers’ current season patterns and make exact copies with the tags and all. And I feel even more badly that I’m hesitant to buy my daughter an actual wynken dress that we both like from a frum store because I don’t want people thinking that I bought the knock off from Ali. So that’s indirectly making the real brand lose out even more….

The Ali that I use (Ali piks, Ali specials) is not a knockoff. It’s not a copy. They make their own designs

giftedmom

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 12:38 am
amother Snow wrote:
The Ali that I use (Ali piks, Ali specials) is not a knockoff. It’s not a copy. They make their own designs

Ali specials has knockoff pjs from parni past season. That’s worse than copying BC or Wynken.

amother
Brass

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 1:00 am
amother Snow wrote:
I dress my kids in style and often get from Tottini and kidichic for that price

I don’t dress my kids in style because I don’t like what’s in style and my kids don’t either.
I just went on both websites didn’t like any of the outfits.
My kid has other requirements for clothes.

I mentioned it because of your not limited to style there are more cheap options

amother
Cinnamon

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 1:04 am
amother Snow wrote:

Right, that’s not what I was referring to. I’m talking about the exact imitations of what is being sold current season in the frum stores down to the brand’s label.

amother
Narcissus

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 1:21 am
With all due respect, I'm obviously not from the 'in' crowd, because I literally don't think any of those outfits are cute. But if they are brand name knock-offs, they are probably very cute, and I just don't understand fashion Can't Believe It What

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 9:11 am
amother Narcissus wrote:
With all due respect, I'm obviously not from the 'in' crowd, because I literally don't think any of those outfits are cute. But if they are brand name knock-offs, they are probably very cute, and I just don't understand fashion Can't Believe It What

Oh well. I guess you don't like my taste What
I love each one of them and I'm very excited about it

amother
PlumPink

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 12:14 pm
Op is the Ali wynken navy striped dress the exact same color and fabric as the original ? Cuz last year the ali wynken light blue and white striped dress was totally off, color and fabric.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 1:29 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
Op is the Ali wynken navy striped dress the exact same color and fabric as the original ? Cuz last year the ali wynken light blue and white striped dress was totally off, color and fabric.

Only the wynken sweatshirts arrived so far, so I don't know. Sorry

amother
Begonia

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 1:34 pm
Why is everyone so salty? In the chance that op is actually the owner of the site, so what? She’s a frum mom trying to make a dollar. Those that weren’t going to order from china sites (myself included) weren’t going to anyway. And those who are looking for these bargains, all the better!

realsilver

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 2:03 pm
amother Snow wrote:
We checked Tottini they didn’t have anything in my kids sizes. Not even one thing that they liked (they’re not so picky). I refuse to buy Tottini full price.

why would you refuse to buy tottini full price?
they are incredibly well priced and are doing you a great service by bringing in well priced clothing. they could have easily gone up a few dollars over the years and they didnt.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Fri, Feb 23 2024, 4:13 pm
amother Begonia wrote:
Why is everyone so salty? In the chance that op is actually the owner of the site, so what? She’s a frum mom trying to make a dollar. Those that weren’t going to order from china sites (myself included) weren’t going to anyway. And those who are looking for these bargains, all the better!

If it is her site, is very disingenuous to pretend she just stumbled upon it.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics