Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
From OOT, what are the ladies doing to look so awesome?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 6:27 am
Went to a simcha last night in lakewood
I’m wondering what some ladies are doing to their skin to look so youthful?

I was sitting with some ladies, they are
Not young, but they look so pretty!

When I looked at some pics later, I noticed it even more !
What’s their secret?
They didn’t look fake plastic - just beautiful & almost dewy skin. Btw these ladies are in their fifties, so it’s something ….
Please share !!!!

I felt so old & ugly Sad

thanks

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 6:39 am
Good foundation with good coverage can make their skin look great, especially in pictures. That's all ido. (no moisterizer ever, wah my face with regular soap.)

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 6:41 am
you where not sitting next to me

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 6:42 am
Lots of women nowadays are doing work:
Botox
Fillers
Lash lifts or falsies
Laser

You name it . I didn’t realize how prevalent it was in the frum /heimish world until I made the discovery.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 6:45 am
So.. I’m in that age bracket. I take care of my face using moisturizer and good makeup. My shaitel is decent although I think most people probably have a nicer shaitel than I do. My face looks good but I’m not thin and that bothers me very much. Lately everyone is very thin and I think that’s what makes them look good.

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 6:51 am
amother Mustard wrote:
So.. I’m in that age bracket. I take care of my face using moisturizer and good makeup. My shaitel is decent although I think most people probably have a nicer shaitel than I do. My face looks good but I’m not thin and that bothers me very much. Lately everyone is very thin and I think that’s what makes them look good.

At this age many times people who lose a lot of weight their faces collapse and they look even older then they are

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 7:21 am
Maybe a life time of using less make up and skin products? I have insane skin, so soft and flawless. I only wear make up to weddings so that’s hardly ever. I do think hardly ever putting anything on my skin is my secret. I’m 40.

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 7:28 am
FILLERS

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 7:30 am
amother Cherry wrote:
FILLERS

Where do you go in Lakewood for this?

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:38 am
I use moisturizer 2x a day, wash off makeup at night fully and wash again in the AM (moisturizer both times after washing).
Dewy glowy foundation.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:44 am
I’m in my early 40s and get lots of comments about how young I look. I think it must be genetics, but recently I started investing in expensive facial products. I also never sit in the sun. I really don’t want to do Botox, fillers etc, so I hope these products help!

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:50 am
amother Powderblue wrote:
I’m in my early 40s and get lots of comments about how young I look. I think it must be genetics, but recently I started investing in expensive facial products. I also never sit in the sun. I really don’t want to do Botox, fillers etc, so I hope these products help!

Can you please share products names? Where did you get them? Thanks

amother
Aconite

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:58 am
I'm 50ish and my skin is great B"H but hardly ever wear makup

amother
Iris

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:02 am
On their fifties, they almost certainly are using fillers but in a subtle manner

People look at the overly plastic faces and think that is what it looks like. But if you go to someone who does subtle work, you just look "refreshed".

They could also have had a good face lift at that point. Or had their eyes done to eliminate bags.

Also either professional makeup or they know how to put on makeup skillfully and use a good foundation meant for "mature" skin and take all of the necessary steps when putting it on

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:04 am
amother Hotpink wrote:
Can you please share products names? Where did you get them? Thanks

I go to Sorah Gottlieb in Lakewood.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:05 am
Nicer sheitels perhaps, that make their overall appearance look great?
Personally I hate the look of botox and fillers. I know someone who does it and all it has taught me is, not doing it! I'll just take my aging as gracefully as I can.
BH I'm in my upper 40's and I'm told I still look young....I do slather with moisturizer morning and night, and in-between if I feel dry. My grandmother, she should live to 120, looked great for a very long time and she was the queen of moisturizing.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:47 am
amother Mustard wrote:

I recently lost weight. (Not Ozempic thank you very much😉). But although I look good in the body , my face doesn’t look youthful
Anymore. I know I should be grateful that I am healthy. & I really am. But sometimes these simchos are reminders of my age.
& how I look.
I feel dumb even complaining….

gazingblue

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:48 am
Any recommendations for a really good moisturizer for sensitive skin?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:49 am
amother Powderblue wrote:

Early forties is very young.
You don’t need Botox at that age.
I looked fabulous then. I’m 57

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:49 am
amother Iris wrote:
On their fifties, they almost certainly are using fillers but in a subtle manner

People look at the overly plastic faces and think that is what it looks like. But if you go to someone who does subtle work, you just look "refreshed".

They could also have had a good face lift at that point. Or had their eyes done to eliminate bags.

Also either professional makeup or they know how to put on makeup skillfully and use a good foundation meant for "mature" skin and take all of the necessary steps when putting it on

Anyone who fills their lips even subtly doesn't look refreshed.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries