Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
I'm short $1500, any ideas? UPDATE AT END OF THREAD
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 4:45 pm
oh and lastly, I know of a shaitel macher who allowed me to do a payment plan over a few months if you are interested in her name.

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 4:48 pm
What city are you in? Most places have consignment/gemachs.

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 5:01 pm
I live in your city and just recently paid an organizer $85/hour to do some work for me. Is this something you have a skillset for? If so, I would gladly pay you $50/hour to help with some other areas of my home. Or, you can hire yourself out to be an assistant to an organizer. When the organizer I used brings an assistant she charges $130/hour so I assume most/all of that spread goes to the assistant.

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 5:12 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
I live in your city and just recently paid an organizer $85/hour to do some work for me. Is this something you have a skillset for? If so, I would gladly pay you $50/hour to help with some other areas of my home. Or, you can hire yourself out to be an assistant to an organizer. When the organizer I used brings an assistant she charges $130/hour so I assume most/all of that spread goes to the assistant.

Very much no.

keym

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 5:18 pm
I wonder if some of the chessed organizations are looking for people to help with mailing campaigns or such.
This is the busy season Matanos Levyonim and Maos Chittim/Pesach Funds. Could be some Chessed organizations are looking to pay people to do things

amother
Bellflower

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 5:28 pm
I don’t know if this is up your alley and if there is a market for this where you are located. People pay a lot per hour for personal organizers and packers. I don’t understand why someone pays to have someone help you purge and buy bins to put everything away but the job exists.

amother
Iris

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 5:49 pm
Are you creative at all?

I have made nice money finding free furniture on FB marketplace or craigslist or driving around fancy areas when the big items are picked up, upcycling (cleaning, fixing, painting, changing hardware) and reselling on FB marketplace and whatsapp groups.

I made a couple hundred dollars each time - you would only need a few pieces....

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 5:55 pm
Check out - https://shaintels.com/

My friend just bought a new gorgeous, lightweight, comfortable wig for $750!

amother
Blushpink

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 5:58 pm
Watergirl, you should be given a job speaking to the young ladies in high school about hard work, Tefilla and plugging away until you reach your goal. I know just reading what you wrote here has given me Chizzuk and a smile. I hope you reach your goal ASAP and get what is good for you!

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 6:19 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Its tax season now, if you know an accountant maybe reach out and see if they have any tasks you can help with?

If you have any tax preparation skills, please let me know. My husband is an accountant and always looking to hire. We are located in New York New Jersey. I don’t know where you are located

mushkamothers

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 6:25 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
Watergirl, you should be given a job speaking to the young ladies in high school about hard work, Tefilla and plugging away until you reach your goal. I know just reading what you wrote here has given me Chizzuk and a smile. I hope you reach your goal ASAP and get what is good for you!

High schools and chabad houses are always looking for speakers and many of them pay speakers fees...

I want to hire for a short term project if you want to pm I'll send you the info.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 6:38 pm
Look at Gali's couture wigs on instagram, they do a cheap 'wig of the week' every week. Often under 1000

They are beautiful wigs

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 6:40 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:

Amen!! And also, this post gave me so much. Thank you.

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 6:41 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
If you have any tax preparation skills, please let me know. My husband is an accountant and always looking to hire. We are located in New York New Jersey. I don’t know where you are located

Thank you, I am the literal last person you want looking at anything with a number. But thank you!!

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 6:49 pm
What about charity telemarketing?

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 6:55 pm
amother Phlox wrote:

Not op but what type of job is available?
I'm a CPA and happy to hear about options

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 7:46 pm
Chaya Heiligman wigs in Flatbush has great pricing
If you wear shoulder length , sari wigs in Lakewood opened a store in Lakewood that sells shoulder length wigs, brand new cut for you for $1250 I think

Song4eva

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 7:49 pm
In Brooklyn, you can make a lot of money ( you need to find out the exact number) I think between $750-$1000 a weekend moving into a group home for shabbos for adults with special needs. Just to supervise / help them . Through Ohel.
Maybe they have it in Queens etc idk you have to ask them

giftedmom

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 7:50 pm
My first thought is something seasonal. Personal cook for Purim or Pesach?

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Feb 28 2024, 7:51 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
Not op but what type of job is available?
I'm a CPA and happy to hear about options

Are you currently working?
Are you in touch with any of the local Frum recruiters? Or partners in parnassah ?
I’m not comfortable posting an email, but if you go through those channels we might hear from you.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels