Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Niagara falls reenactment in baby land
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:05 am
Hi,
My name is Mrs. White. I’m not from the White House per se, but I do have white yummy streaks all over myself, my linen, my house and wherever baby shoots.

Baby herself gets changed multiple times a day, so who is she to care for meal regards?

So- a couple of questions:

1) how can we help the constant streaming

2) how do I know if baby needs a re-feed- she seems to give back way more than intake- then seems hungry and cycle continues or I wait some time while she kvetches away pulling at mommys heart for possibly letting her be hungry, but maybe it’s just her tummy hurting…

3)I forgot

4)I forgot. Mommy is very tired

5)oops, forgot all my other questions. Must be my white dressed up self

teachkids

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:08 am
Ask your Dr if it could be reflux. We've had a significant cut down on the reflux when we took him off dairy.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:09 am
teachkids wrote:
Ask your Dr if it could be reflux. We've had a significant cut down on the reflux when we took him off dairy.

“She’s perfect. Babies this weight don’t have reflux”
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Baby is exclusively nursing and I eat dairy very rarely

NechaMom

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:12 am
amother OP wrote:
Hi,
My name is Mrs. White. I’m not from the White House per se, but I do have white yummy streaks all over myself, my linen, my house and wherever baby shoots.

Baby herself gets changed multiple times a day, so who is she to care for meal regards?

So- a couple of questions:

1) how can we help the constant streaming

2) how do I know if baby needs a re-feed- she seems to give back way more than intake- then seems hungry and cycle continues or I wait some time while she kvetches away pulling at mommys heart for possibly letting her be hungry, but maybe it’s just her tummy hurting…

3)I forgot

4)I forgot. Mommy is very tired

5)oops, forgot all my other questions. Must be my white dressed up self

Love your positivity. BTDT. Nothing I did helped so I won't give you pointless advice. Just know they end up growing out of it. They graduate from Niagara falls to Bronx zoo to great adventures. Just enjoy the ride. Hope your memory comes back. That's not guaranteed.

a2z

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:12 am
amother OP wrote:
“She’s perfect. Babies this weight don’t have reflux”
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Baby is exclusively nursing and I eat dairy very rarely

Get a second opinion

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:14 am
a2z wrote:
Get a second opinion

Do you think I should go straight to GI?

a2z

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:16 am
amother OP wrote:
Do you think I should go straight to GI?

Maybe. Just saying that what that doctor said is nonsense in tomato juice.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:18 am
NechaMom wrote:
Love your positivity. BTDT. Nothing I did helped so I won't give you pointless advice. Just know they end up growing out of it. They graduate from Niagara falls to Bronx zoo to great adventures. Just enjoy the ride. Hope your memory comes back. That's not guaranteed.

Thanks!

You’re right LOL
We’ve got all those exhibits already b’H!

About the memory- you think if I ingest the white stuff it’ll help rekindle the memory? I might want it back eventually…

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:19 am
I remember those days. One of mine was definitely trying to imitate Niagara Falls.
Are you nursing? Mine took in too much air so made an air bubble in the tiny stomach. When it pops- out goes the milk!
I have a huge let down apparently so have too much milk and it comes too quickly. (Too much milk isn't a let down despite the name!).
Basically- baby ends up swallowing air so the tricks I learned are:
- burp very often to pop those bubbles before too much milk comes on top
- check your latch and position
- I leaned slightly back while nursing so my milk didn't come out too forcefully.
- if it was first feed of the day or if I had at all even slightly full feeling - I pumped an ounce out. (Not too much because then I would make too much) but enough to release pressure. On Shabbos I would manually spray into my bathroom sink.

If you bottle feed- similar idea. Too much, too quickly, with too much air. Try an Avent naturals anti colic. When I would pump I used that bottle.

Good luck. I have been there- I would do so much laundry for me and baby I got a heter to do my laundry on chol hamoed or 9 days if baby spat on it and soaked it. Because there was no way to have enough clean laundry as we could both change 2-3x a day or more (even with burp cloths and towels covering my shoulder!) at our worst especially until I learned the above tricks.

a2z

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:20 am
Um I think you forgot to go annon op

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:20 am
a2z wrote:
Maybe. Just saying that what that doctor said is nonsense in tomato juice.

I know and that’s why I’m not sure how to go about it.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:21 am
a2z wrote:
Um I think you forgot to go annon op

It’s ok, I decided to embrace my color of spit up

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:22 am
Hit the pencil mark in the corner of your post, edit and scroll to anon posting.

a2z

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:22 am
Try a Lactation consultant, gi, or another ped

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:28 am
LittleDucky wrote:
I remember those days. One of mine was definitely trying to imitate Niagara Falls.
Are you nursing? Mine took in too much air so made an air bubble in the tiny stomach. When it pops- out goes the milk!
I have a huge let down apparently so have too much milk and it comes too quickly. (Too much milk isn't a let down despite the name!).
Basically- baby ends up swallowing air so the tricks I learned are:
- burp very often to pop those bubbles before too much milk comes on top
- check your latch and position
- I leaned slightly back while nursing so my milk didn't come out too forcefully.
- if it was first feed of the day or if I had at all even slightly full feeling - I pumped an ounce out. (Not too much because then I would make too much) but enough to release pressure. On Shabbos I would manually spray into my bathroom sink.

If you bottle feed- similar idea. Too much, too quickly, with too much air. Try an Avent naturals anti colic. When I would pump I used that bottle.

Good luck. I have been there- I would do so much laundry for me and baby I got a heter to do my laundry on chol hamoed or 9 days if baby spat on it and soaked it. Because there was no way to have enough clean laundry as we could both change 2-3x a day or more (even with burp cloths and towels covering my shoulder!) at our worst especially until I learned the above tricks.

So yes, I’m nursing and btw that what the pediatrician said the first time I brought it up “too much milk”- which I don’t think is the case as same thing happened when I pumped so I can see if it helps and I used the Dr. Browns or avent anti colic/reflux bottles.
and he said “burp her” which I am- multiple times per feed. The breching happens from feed to feed so it’s a constant…

I tried nursing in multiple positions and don’t see any difference. I also have baby sleep on a boppy pillow or in swing with no change in amount of spit up incorporated.

And thanks all for validation!

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:40 am
Thanks for a good laugh in Adar….
My babies were all in Niagara Falls stage.
One of the things that helped my last baby was taking him to an osteopath. I have no clue what they did to him, some kind of muscle manipulations, I wasn’t allowed in the room, only Daddy.
Within 4 weeks the waterfalls dried up.

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:47 am
Sunny Days wrote:
So yes, I’m nursing and btw that what the pediatrician said the first time I brought it up “too much milk”- which I don’t think is the case as same thing happened when I pumped so I can see if it helps and I used the Dr. Browns or avent anti colic/reflux bottles.
and he said “burp her” which I am- multiple times per feed. The breching happens from feed to feed so it’s a constant…

I tried nursing in multiple positions and don’t see any difference. I also have baby sleep on a boppy pillow or in swing with no change in amount of spit up incorporated.

And thanks all for validation!

It can be amount of milk and/or the force it comes out. I would be burping constantly...

The other thing I would look into is what you are eating. Maybe baby doesn't like a spicy item you are eating? Dairy? I have had friends who eliminated foods from their diet and that helped.

tichellady

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:50 am
My son spit up a lot but it was a laundry issue not a health issue because he was growing well and his mood was fine. It’s yucky and hard but not usually a health concern

bnm

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:57 am
How old is the baby? My kid did volcanoes. Reflux meds definitely made a huge difference. Elevate for 30 minutes after feeding.

a2z

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 9:59 am
LittleDucky wrote:
It can be amount of milk and/or the force it comes out. I would be burping constantly...

The other thing I would look into is what you are eating. Maybe baby doesn't like a spicy item you are eating? Dairy? I have had friends who eliminated foods from their diet and that helped.

Tomatoes
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics