Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Do I need a double stroller?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:17 pm
Expecting a baby soon iyh. My toddler will be 2.5 when baby is born.

Would you get a double stroller or not? Toddler walks nicely sometimes but is not always reliable. I was thinking to get a ride on board for my stroller but not sure if that will always be enough.

I guess if toddler needed a stroller I could put the baby in my snap n go but that would only work in situations where both parents are there.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:26 pm
I have the same dilemma. My toddler will be 2.5 when baby is born IYH. I think I will try out a buggy board see how my toddler reacts to it
If my toddler seems bothered by baby taking the stroller or won't go nicely on the buggy board then I will have to buy a double

SuperWify

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:28 pm
Definitely would.

amother
Fern

I have two exactly three years apart and the birth of the younger was what transitioned the older out of a stroller. We did not ever use a double for these two. But 2.5 is different than 3.

fellowjew

I will have another baby iyh when my toddler will be just 2, I didn't even think of getting a double stroller, thought of getting the buggy board for him to stand on.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:30 pm
How much do you walk? How often and how far?

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:32 pm
fellowjew wrote:
I will have another baby iyh when my toddler will be just 2, I didn't even think of getting a double stroller, thought of getting the buggy board for him to stand on.

Two is still so little/ still baby like. Depends how far you need to go.

fellowjew

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:35 pm
amother Clover wrote:
Two is still so little/ still baby like. Depends how far you need to go.

My parents live near, I dont usually walk too far, but I guess we'll take it as it comes, and see what little toddler decides!

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:38 pm
if you really walk a lot 100% u need one. 2.5 is little.
or maybe need is a strong word.. but you would a million percent get so much use out of one!

boogie boards are only good for so much.

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:39 pm
I would get a cheap one definitely not spend a lot on it dont think youll find yourself using all that often and before u know it wont be using it anymore

amother
Darkblue

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:41 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

This plus, how soon will be you be going out with both kids? Pesach or shavous? will the toddler will be another 3 months older by then?
Will you be doing groceries/errands with both kids?
I didn't get one, 3 year gap. I had a spring baby and figured I don't need it over the summer and by then toddler will be much older. I regretted not getting a board bec when I was doing back to school shopping, I had to slow down and wait for my toddler to walk.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:42 pm
I just had this a half year ago. My now three year old walks like a charm everywhere. I didn't get a double stroller or a buggy board.

In hindsight, maybe the latter could've been helpful.

It really depends on your child really.

When we walk far, we have two seperate carriages.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:59 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

I don't need it for to and from babysitters, we're in and out of the car.

It would be for going to the park abt a 10 minute walk maybe twice a week, going to a kiddush on Shabbos or out for a meal on Shabbos, occasional errands by foot

scintilla

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 2:04 pm
It really depends on your kid, but chances are you'd be fine with a buggy board. See if you can borrow one from someone now and try it out.

Brit in Israel

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 2:11 pm
My oldest was 22 months when 2nd was born and bought a double stroller, used it only for a few months during trips in the summer. And for the beginning of Winter.
I would have used it longer but usually my toddler wanted to walk and the baby often in my hands. The main times it was used was long days or walking back Friday night from my in-laws.
It was definitely good I had it but could have bought a cheaper one. I had gone all out with buying the mountain buggy duet with a bassinet and front facing seat.

If any of you are in Israel I would be happy to sell it to you.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 2:24 pm
scintilla wrote:
It really depends on your kid, but chances are you'd be fine with a buggy board. See if you can borrow one from someone now and try it out.

Great idea!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 2:24 pm
Brit in Israel wrote:
My oldest was 22 months when 2nd was born and bought a double stroller, used it only for a few months during trips in the summer. And for the beginning of Winter.
I would have used it longer but usually my toddler wanted to walk and the baby often in my hands. The main times it was used was long days or walking back Friday night from my in-laws.
It was definitely good I had it but could have bought a cheaper one. I had gone all out with buying the mountain buggy duet with a bassinet and front facing seat.

If any of you are in Israel I would be happy to sell it to you.

So kind of you, I'm not in Israel though.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 2:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't need it for to and from babysitters, we're in and out of the car.

It would be for going to the park abt a 10 minute walk maybe twice a week, going to a kiddush on Shabbos or out for a meal on Shabbos, occasional errands by foot

I found a double stroller to be well worth it for all those times plus trips to places like the zoo that are a lot of walking. I don’t use every day or even week but pushing with a buggy board is just awkward for me and it takes way too long to let ny toddlers walk.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 2:31 pm
I think when you walk is important too. Think about if your toddler is very tired at those times, and wouldn't stand and hold on so well. If you are doing errands, would the kid be standing on the way there, standing or walking around in the store or wherever, and standing on the way back? For some kids this works, and others not.

amother
Maple

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 2:39 pm
I had the uppababy vista and it was perfection. I bought the extra seat and had it for when I needed it, but it wasn’t another whole stroller. Kept the seat in the trunk during the week and used as needed.
I’m surprised it’s not a more common stroller among people who have kids 2-3 years apart.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics