Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Do I need a double stroller?
Previous  1  2

amother
Cherry

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 11:39 am
Do you have a second stroller?
I would get a buggy board and use the second stroller when going out with your husband

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 11:47 am
We use a stroller regularly and our kids are 2.5 and 5.5.

amother
Canary

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:07 pm
I think it depends on your lifestyle. My oldest 2 are 2 years apart and we didn't have a car. I used my double stroller everywhere, but we walked everywhere and it wasn't just 2 minute walks. If you have a car, and that's what you're mostly doing, it's different.
I would never have managed without my double stroller. When older dc was 3 1/2, then I think I started using a buggy board. A buggy board is only good if you have a child you can trust to stay on. Like when I went shopping, I much preferred having them both strapped in, rather than dc who kept hopping off the buggyboard for all the things they wanted from the shelves. Also if they're tired, they're not happy standing and holding on.

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 12:50 pm
amother Maple wrote:
I had the uppababy vista and it was perfection. I bought the extra seat and had it for when I needed it, but it wasn’t another whole stroller. Kept the seat in the trunk during the week and used as needed.
I’m surprised it’s not a more common stroller among people who have kids 2-3 years apart.

I hate it for a double! So big and bulky one kid has to be on the floor etc much prefer cheap side by side

amother
Chicory

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 1:06 pm
I'm in this exact situation now. My toddler will be 30 months when baby is born. I plan on getting buggy board. I have a few strollers so for long distance I would either take a car service or on shbs have my big daughter, 10, push a second carriage. I really don't go far on shbs often ever. I don't have storage for a double that I would be using maybe a couple times a month. To my corner grocery, my toddler walks already now so I'll have to just teach her to hold onto the stroller when we venture out after the baby is here imyh. I plan on getting the buggy board with a seat and strap. The other ones scare me. Also one that is set off to the side, the ones directly behind the carriage are really bad for my back. I used to own one and gave it away.

Arep

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 2:31 pm
Consider getting a board with a seat. I bought a double when I had 18 months apart. Used it for 6 months & transitioned to a board. My next 2 are just about 3 years apart, never used the double and barely the board; as my 3 yr old walked just as well as my 4.5 yr old.

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Feb 29 2024, 2:44 pm
Had a baby six weeks ago and older dd will be 2.5 Pesach time. I got the bugaboo donkey and I’m so glad I did. Toddler was super not ready to give up her stroller and is thrilled to have a stroller with “one seat for me and one seat for baby”. We do live in a city and mostly walk (use car maybe once a week) so that makes a big difference.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics