Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How Do You View Your Looks?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Do you think you’re beautiful? Or…
Yes, I’m beautiful  
 13%  [ 33 ]
I’m pretty  
 46%  [ 114 ]
I’m mediocre/average looking  
 31%  [ 77 ]
I’m not at all good looking  
 8%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 244

amother
White

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 2:59 pm
Pretty with makeup 😂

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 3:23 pm
I have some nice features, and some I don’t like. Sometimes I feel pretty (especially with makeup, which I’m skilled at), and sometimes I’m really disappointed with my looks. Especially in pictures.

I have no idea how others perceive me. But DH just told me a woman commented to him that his wife is pretty. That made me feel really good.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 3:28 pm
Ppl tell me I’m pretty. Husband thinks I’m beautiful. I think I’m ok depends on the day and makeup. With good makeup I’m rly pretty w/o makeup I’m average not ugly but not like oh wow she’s naturally pretty

amother
Petunia

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 3:41 pm
Nothing really pretty about me. Short, plump, small eyes, acne, rosacea, stringy hair.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 3:54 pm
I always felt average. Non Jews or secular people think I’m pretty . I’ve never heard a frum person tell me that, other than my husband . I’m a tall person with a figure and not small and petite . I think the frum world views tiny petite size zero people as the symbol of beauty . It’s clear in the sizes they carry in their stores .

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 4:11 pm
I am very overweight but still think I am pretty. Weight isn't everything.

Genius

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 4:16 pm
I think I’m drop dead gorgeous. Then I look in the mirror… and see that I’m really very average.
But I do carry myself which doesn’t hurt the score.
I’ve analyzed looks before and came to the conclusion that most people are pretty.

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 4:19 pm
I have gorgeous features . With makeup I’m extremely pretty , without average looking. I’m very blond so with no mascara and brow filler my face looks like one color (except for rosy cheeks).

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 4:24 pm
I think jewish women are very good looking,

And also dress better than non jews.

Most frum women are an 8 and quite a few
9s and 10s.

amother
Milk

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 4:27 pm
amother Burgundy wrote:
I always felt average. Non Jews or secular people think I’m pretty . I’ve never heard a frum person tell me that, other than my husband . I’m a tall person with a figure and not small and petite . I think the frum world views tiny petite size zero people as the symbol of beauty . It’s clear in the sizes they carry in their stores .

I feel similarly but I'm actually short and petite! In my mind the frum world idolizes tall girls lol (I guess the grass is always greener!). I attribute the lack of frum compliments as a general lack not specifically about my looks. (Same way non-jews tell me how cute my kids are but frum strangers would never). That's what I tell myself anyways Smile

I think the closest I'll get to a compliment from friends would be you look soooo good! Never pretty.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 4:32 pm
I voted average looking. I think I actually have more of a cute face than pretty, some would say I am (was) pretty. But since I gained a lot of weight, double chin and all, I’m not at all sure I’m anything but average at this point.

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 4:32 pm
I'm very beautiful and when I was in shidduchim many people wanted to go out with me. This is good and bad, because many people wanted to go out with me because of my looks. I married dh, a real talmid chacham who married me because we both loved learning together and he valued how I thought. Now I've gained a few pounds after a few kids Very Happy feel a little self conscious about it lol

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 4:36 pm
it's so subjective.
I think I'm fat and so would prefer to not have a double chin. I don't think my actual facial features are so bad though. not amazing but fine.
I don't wear makeup and think that I b"H have good skin. my 5! year old informed me that she's embarrassed for me to come to school due to the beauty marks on my face...like she literally told me not to come when the parents were invited.

Someone I know commented about the looks of a kid I know, how she's so beautiful because her face is _______ I never knew that shape was considered specifically beautiful but his wife has the same shape face so I guess it's a good thing that he does!

amother
Candycane

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 4:43 pm
I actually think I'm ugly.

But I have body issues... DH loves me and thinks I'm beautiful... He has told me he thinks I could be a model LOL.
I just laugh to myself and then thank GD.

Occasionally with makeup and outfit and shaitel on I'll be ok with myself...

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 4:46 pm
Its so interesting to me that you all know your looks and where they fit in the range. I honestly have no idea. I think I have a pretty face but I could be wrong. I always wonder what people think of me, noone ever comes over and tells me youre so pretty. Ofcoarse my dh thinks I look very good but I'm pretty sure he would be in trouble if he told me otherwise.
Actually I did once have someone tell me I'm very attractive and I did once have a non jew ask if we can date but I still have no idea where I fit in the scale of looks.

amother
Rainbow

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 4:46 pm
I think I'm average. My husband tells me I'm a model LOL
I have very pretty friends so compared to them I'm ok.

amother
Burntblack

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 5:35 pm
It's a really good question for self reflection. I used to be very attractive, about 20 years ago. Size 2, great face, very confident... Now I'm in a body that's been ravaged by life. 3 children, life threatening medical issues that have left me scarred from neck down to abdomen (on my front and back) and I'm no longer a size 2. My face has light wrinkles and I went totally white years ago, even though I'm only 40. When I look in the mirror, I see who I've always saw but that woman isn't the one staring back at me in photographs. My husband says I look better than ever and he loves when I go makeup free. Just being my natural self. He hates when I dye my hair and tells me that he loves how I look, all the time. I've had to accept that I changed, physically, and find clothes that make me feel like myself again. I custom colored a sheital to feel more fun and natural to my real hair and found a edgier style so I feel confident again. I'm proud to age and never thought I would have the privilege but when it's just me, alone with my scars, it's a little hard to feel like this is my body. Overall, I voted that I am pretty because I believe I am.

sequoia

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 5:55 pm
I’m hideous because of health problems, specifically issues with my spinal cord. If there were a way to straighten my back I’d look ok.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 6:11 pm
I think I'm pretty pretty. More of a cute face though. (Good skin, high cheek bones, small nose, distinct lips, nice brows, blonde...)
My mom always tells me I'm pretty.
Husband doesn't care to mention anything... Oh well.

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 6:21 pm
I'm drop dead gorgeous, when I walk in the street people stop look point and even take pictures. I used to take pride in it but now really don't care and hate the fact that I took pride in it once upon a time Sad
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics