Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Making a room smell good

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 7:57 am
My master bedroom and bathroom always have a foul smell after the night. I'm suspecting odors from shoes (which won't be left out of the room) I do have some diffusers but they are not taking care of the issue. I need to open windows every morning to get rid of the musty smell. Is there anything else I can do? Drives me nuts! I prefer to stick to more clean/natural solutions

amother
Gardenia

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 7:58 am
I would get to the root of the problem and treat the smelly shoes. It doesn't help to just cover up bad smells.

zaq

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:42 pm
I second treating the shoes. It may not be just the shoes--it could be you guys! Morning breath and overnight sweat, not to mention marital activities and dirty laundry. Don't store dirty clothes in your room, and open the windows for a while every morning. Fresh air works much better than chemical coverups and is healthier.

amother
Seablue

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:56 pm
Sniff around. It might be your mattress rather than the shoes. If you take a good sniff into each shoe, and you don't smell an odor, very likely it's a mattress past its prime, and the odor comes out when you move around in the bed at night.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:58 pm
Deep clean your mattress for pesach. Move the beds to make sure there’s no food if something else rotting under.

Take out your garbage daily and open the windows every morning.

Diffuser will make the smell, not get rid of it.

Why do your shoes smell so bad? That’s another thing of consider… but in guessing the smell is from the adjoining bathroom, body sweat and other human fluids.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:10 pm
Air flow! Keep windows open as much as possible, even at night if you can. Leave shoes to air in bathroom or anywhere outside bedroom.
Throw dirty laundry and worn clothes in hamper more than you're currently doing.
Change pyjamas more often.
Wash bedding on very hot setting, including extra cushions.
Vacuum shades and drapes.

Deep clean your room as if you're looking for a spider - you won't be sorry.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 1:15 pm
Baking soda eliminates smells. Use it all over to get to the source. Pour a generous amount on the carpet and fabrics, then vacuum it out. Afterwards keep a fridge Baking soda box (has tiny holes, so will absorb but not spill everywhere) in an inconspicuous part of your room.

If it is body odor, then maybe keep the window open a tiny bit at night to keep the room fresh. If not, make sure your air is always running, even if you don't need a/c or heat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry